Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
16,214 Posts
Since I only have a few 1000 miles on my Wildpeaks, these new ones come too late. But they look interesting. I find the Wildpeaks a little noisier on bumps, but the same on good pavement.
Hadn't noticed that but it's not my daily driver. I was just pleased when I first got them that the road noise on pavement didn't seem to have changed.

·
Butchin' Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,552 Posts
My favorite Willie Nelson song. A solo flash mob. The Nokias and the Falkens might do a better job keeping these posts on the Subaru Crosstreks focused pavement than our music...but all of us have the ability to careen a little off the straight and narrow.

·
Resident topic drifter
16,214 Posts
My favorite Willie Nelson song. A solo flash mob. The Nokias and the Falkens might do a better job keeping these posts on the Subaru Crosstreks focused pavement than our music...but all of us have the ability to careen a little off the straight and narrow.
Does anyone know where the video was filmed? Looks familiar...

·
Butchin' Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,552 Posts
Does anyone know where the video was filmed? Looks familiar...
Austin city park is what I heard. I used to sing "Rainbow Connection" to my kids and grand kids. The two year old has learned from the other children to request that my singing be directed to one song..."Far, far away" but I've never known the words. My daughters always thought it interesting and contrary that I liked the song while I spent my time on the accuracy of physics teaching.

·
Resident topic drifter
16,214 Posts
Austin city park is what I heard. I used to sing "Rainbow Connection" to my kids and grand kids. The two year old has learned from the other children to request that my singing be directed to one song..."Far, far away" but I've never known the words. My daughters always thought it interesting and contrary that I liked the song while I spent my time on the accuracy of physics teaching.
Not what I was thinking of but thanks! Post YT links to your renditions...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the Wildpeak’s on my 21 Crosstrek sport. The car feels better planted to the road in every condition. My 14 Crosstrek and my 16 Forester came with the Yokohama’s as did the 21. In the rain all cars would hydroplane very bad, to the point of being scary. I hated those tires! Put only 5,000 miles on the 21 before pulling them off. The Forester had them on for 15,000 miles before putting Coopers vision of Wildpeak trails on it. Total confedence now!
oh, by the way if anyone wants a set of Yokohama stock tires and is in Northern Idaho hit me up…….

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The Forester had them on for 15,000 miles before putting Coopers vision of Wildpeak trails on it. Total confedence now!
oh, by the way if anyone wants a set of Yokohama stock tires and is in Northern Idaho hit me up…….
Which ones, the Discoverer AT3 4S? How are they w.r.t. the Wildpeaks?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Went with Widlpeaks after all. Was really on the fence with the Outpost APTs (they're much lighter), but the very few reviews I've found complained about a severe growl/noise even at moderate speeds. My objective was to have a more robust tire for forest roads, with a "rugged" look yet as little road noise as possible.

Given I took a few dB measures over a specific highway stretch at a specific speed with the Geolandars, I'll soon compare with the Falkens. Likewise for MPGs, since I've monitored them on my 2019.

Subjective impressions: more comfy of a ride (though the revised 2022 suspension could be the reason), smoother, more grip.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,448 Posts
Yeah, I've been pretty much completely satisfied with the Wildpeaks. Didn't do any dB measurements, but if there's any noise increase over the OEMs it's minuscule, and MPG seems pretty much unchanged. And the car's performance on wet pavement and on gravel is much improved.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,989 Posts
I only notice noise on rough pavement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was on the fence between the Wildpeak AT Trail and Nitto Nomad Grappler. I like the Nitto truck tire line and eventually want the Trail Grapplers for my Jeep so I decided to give the Nomads a try. So far they look good, ride well, are no louder than stock that I can tell and grip better. Need to get more miles on them and really test them out, but so far I like em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,759 Posts
I was on the fence between the Wildpeak AT Trail and Nitto Nomad Grappler. I like the Nitto truck tire line and eventually want the Trail Grapplers for my Jeep so I decided to give the Nomads a try. So far they look good, ride well, are no louder than stock that I can tell and grip better. Need to get more miles on them and really test them out, but so far I like em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pictures please?

·
Registered
2021 Premium CVT
16 Posts
When the time comes I am going to consider the new Nitto's first and then a toss up between the Falken's and the G015's. Right now it's the Nitto's that have my attention.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Did anyone measure the tread depth on the Wildpeaks? Just checked it (after 5 000 km) and I get 9-10/32s depending on the spot, while new they're supposed to be 11/32. Mind you, it's with a puny cheap poking depth meter, but still. Would be worrying if the tires shed 1/32 after such a short distance.

Will definitely be looking to a back-to-back comparison of the A/T trails with Nitto Nomad Grapplers. Seems to be a direct competitor with a similar pattern and same weight.

·
Registered
21 Sport
2,164 Posts
When the time comes I am going to consider the new Nitto's first and then a toss up between the Falken's and the G015's. Right now it's the Nitto's that have my attention.
after having put almost 22k miles on the wildpeaks in all conditions on my sport and about 50k miles on two sets of GO19s on my previous crosstrek i will definitely buy another set of wildpeaks. yes, i like them that much :cool:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts