Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I thought I would be getting the Falkens... I'm suddenly on the fence, as there is a new competitor, from Nokian. They are really aiming at the same market slice: good road behaviour with rugged looks and a forest trail capability.
So far, only 1 review, with a disappointment about the noise (worse than the Geolandars G015, apparently). One significant advantage of the Nokians is their weight: 26 lbs vs 29.3 for the Falkens (225/60R17 - got the specs via customer support since they didn't publish it). Great for fuel savings, but it nevertheless raises questions about their robustness (single ply)

Nokian review: Review: Nokian Outpost APT Is the Dream Small Adventure Rig Tire
TireRack comparison of Falkens, G015, BF Goodrich TT T-A: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=281
Comparative illustration:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Light

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,759 Posts
Not to make your decision harder, but Nitto has a new tire aimed at us too, the nomad.
I think noise is a serious concern, depending on your use case. The falkens sound exactly like stock to me. I would trade a couple pounds for silence and toughness any day. (And the butch tires look)

·
Registered
21 Sport
2,157 Posts
i have the wildpeaks on my 2021 sport. i went through two sets of GO15s on my 2016 crosstrek. i like both tires but my next tires will be wildpeaks. they work similarly to the GO-15s in the dirt and snow (very good) but are quieter and handle better on the pavement. i also appears the wildpeaks will last longer than the GO15s. i love them

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,746 Posts
I have the Wildpeaks and are pleased with their performance. However, after purchasing them, I was disappointed to learn that my Wildpeaks were made in China.

Reactions: Thelby

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Wildpeaks on my 18' Crosstrek and have been very satisfied with them! I live in Colorado with cold and snow and they have done great with traction. I had the OEM Yokohama Geolandar G91F and these are comparable in noise. Louder on some surfaces but smooth and subtle on most. Lost a few MPG but worth the sacrifice. Maybe 3 mpg less.

And they look cool too! :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I might upgrade to the Nokian Outpost , currently run Nokian Nordman 7s and have had excellent results with past models . I like the idea of the amarid sidewalls as I do like to go exploring

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,988 Posts
Since I only have a few 1000 miles on my Wildpeaks, these new ones come too late. But they look interesting. I find the Wildpeaks a little noisier on bumps, but the same on good pavement.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts