Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Hello, I own a 2018 Crosstrek in Florida. All of my driving is done in flat nicely done asphalt.. and yesterday at 26k miles I had to replace my rear wheel bearing.
Has anyone heard of any issues with this? At this point (mileage) and with the Crosstrek?
You should have fixed under warranty a year ago.

·
Registered
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
170 Posts
I wondered about this when I got steel rims for my snow tires and made sure I got 48 mm offset rims. I'm at 230,000 miles now - replaced first bearing at 170,000 miles and replaced the other three and the propeller shaft at 200,000 miles. That's consistent with other vehicles I've owned - bearing start to go around 200,000 miles for me.
Sounds like evidence to me. Only other factor I can think of is weight. Changing weight would probably impact durability. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Hello, I own a 2018 Crosstrek in Florida. All of my driving is done in flat nicely done asphalt.. and yesterday at 26k miles I had to replace my rear wheel bearing.
Has anyone heard of any issues with this? At this point (mileage) and with the Crosstrek?
Yep. My rear driver side bearing had to be replaced at 25K miles.

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
61 Posts
Does anyone offer a higher performance wheel hub? Or are they all OEM quality or less?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts