Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,553 Posts
Just goes to show, no seat fits everyone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
6' 210lbs and long legs.I have the leather in a 2020. Seats are pretty comfortable but too soft for my size I guess . Very little support when turning. I kinda roll in my seat.

·
Registered
2018 CROSSTREK PREMIUM
6 Posts
So, after all this, my wife & I are getting ready for a 14 day trip from SoCal through Zion, Bryce, Moab, etc. on and off road in her Crosstrek. I'll be fine, but she experiences quite a bit of pain if she rides too long - the passenger seat is not adjustable. Does anyone make spacers (or anything) which would allow me to raise her seating position (she already uses a purple pad for additional cushioning).

Thx.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, after all this, my wife & I are getting ready for a 14 day trip from SoCal through Zion, Bryce, Moab, etc. on and off road in her Crosstrek. I'll be fine, but she experiences quite a bit of pain if she rides too long - the passenger seat is not adjustable. Does anyone make spacers (or anything) which would allow me to raise her seating position (she already uses a purple pad for additional cushioning).

Thx.
I removed the plastic back support from the seat. 100% recommend and transformed the comfort level of my seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I removed the plastic back support from the seat. 100% recommend and transformed the comfort level of my seat.
I found the stock lumbar support too weak so I added a thin layer of padding in front of that white plastic back support. Now the seat back is very comfortable.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I wish the seat has more thigh support. A bit more width would be great too.

Also, I prefer cloth over the leather in my Limited.

As others have said, no seat is perfect for everyone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When you removed the plastic support, did you flip up the entire seat back or did you leave the bottom portion of the upholstery attached?

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
308 Posts
When you removed the plastic support, did you flip up the entire seat back or did you leave the bottom portion of the upholstery attached?
Check out Post #62 for a Youtube link. Hopefully, that will answer your question.

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found the stock lumbar support too weak so I added a thin layer of padding in front of that white plastic back support. Now the seat back is very comfortable.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I wish the seat has more thigh support. A bit more width would be great too.

Also, I prefer cloth over the leather in my Limited.

As others have said, no seat is perfect for everyone.
I think I will regret the black leather because I live in the desert and summer gets 100 degrees.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,823 Posts
I think I will regret the black leather because I live in the desert and summer gets 100 degrees.
Yeah, we love our leather seats, though and it can get well over 100F in the Valley in the summer here. Maybe get a couple of big beach towels to drape over the seats on those really hot days when you're going to park in the sun.

Reactions: sas-XV

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my 2018 Crosstrek with the exception of the seats. Im wondering if there are others who experience this also. My right leg actually hurts after driving any distance. I just cant seem to get comfortable. Im normal height and weight, so I really cant pinpoint the issue other than when I get out of the drivers seat my leg feels stiff and painful. It only happens when Im in the car so its not an injury etc.
Im honestly considering trading my car because I can't envision myself driving it for the next several years. I have found myself recently dreading having to drive anywhere.
Any similar experiences?
We agree with you our XV Subaru with leather seats is terribly uncomfortable
When we bought the car we didn’t notice the seats but after driving distances of over about 50kms our legs are killing us. I can hardly walk after a long journey. I thought I must have the wrong setting so lowered the seat and lengthened the distance between brake and seat. But to no avail. The muscles down the backs of our legs are killing us. Even repeated massages do little to stop the pulling feeling one experiences in the back of the legs. Initially I thought the problem was just ours so was amazed to see other complaints from Subaru drivers. I’ve never known a car seat like this. We find we need to stop and stretch every 100kms.
This is a terrible experience.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts