Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all - I just noticed this thread after I posted my solution to this issue on a smaller thread. If you've found that rocking your shifter back and forth eventually releases your keys, I recommend reading my response here (I don't want to have to rewrite it here).

To summarize what I did, I took some interior pieces off to get to the shifter and intended on replacing the guide plate (part #35122FJ033). However, I noticed that the existing part had a worn tab that didn't actuate a button that releases your keys. Once I had it straightened out I have not had my keys stuck since. I highly recommend this as an alternative to replacing the entire shifter assembly and as a troubleshooting procedure for this problem.
INTERESTING! Just checked out the photos in the link you posted and will attempt this job soon!

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,795 Posts

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,795 Posts
I had the work done today under the Subaru warranty expansion on the issue. Took about 1 1/2hrs.

No cars in the dealer showroom. Receptionist said dealer had nothing new in stock that wasn't pre-sold.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts