Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,383 Posts
Are you bragging or complaining? :icon_scratch:
Just trying to correct/clarify another misleading statement. Not sure why I bother though. This forum is getting a little boring with all the negative talk about the Crosstrek.

I used to come here to learn some things, but that is getting a little thin these days... And I used to try and help some people.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Just trying to correct/clarify another misleading statement. Not sure why I bother though. This forum is getting a little boring with all the negative talk about the Crosstrek.

I used to come here to learn some things, but that is getting a little thin these days... And I used to try and help some people.
Sorry! My question was an attitudinal carryover from my reckless and raucous military days. I try and suppress but sometimes it just bursts out.

Yeah I've noticed this also. So much of the time the intended thread subject matter morphs into areas that have little to do with the discussion and sometimes facilitates personality conflicts. Of course I have NEVER been involved in such behavior and cringe at the onset of discord. That's why I always stick to the subject at hand when I post and refuse to deviate. Hmmmm I seem to have forgotten what this thread was about!!!! :sFun_whistle:

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
That's why I always stick to the subject at hand when I post and refuse to deviate.
Now I have to clean spat out coffee off my monitor... :D

Reactions: Okie Hick

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
This site is boring? Honestly I can't keep my eyes open with the other CT forum! This forum is a literal Mardi Gras compared to that one....

I'll admit that with all the discussions and resolutions established and the large amount of knowledge conveyed and added to the knowledge base on O I L, the head unit and the CVT, there's little else to discuss. I don't know how to keep it interesting without incorporating a "Dear Abby" type environment. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
:smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn:

Is that enough? We have more, OAK just went to Costco...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
:smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn: :smileyvault-popcorn:

Is that enough? We have more, OAK just went to Costco...
Hmmm I don't see anything worth arguing over. I added the laughing dude to my comment just to show my jovial intent.:happy:

Maybe you're just hungry for a snack before lunch? Speaking of lunch, I'm signing off and headed over to our very own GYRO KING for an awesome gyro and baklava for desert! See ya' on the other side! ':wink:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
This site is boring? Honestly I can't keep my eyes open with the other CT forum! This forum is a literal Mardi Gras compared to that one....

I'll admit that with all the discussions and resolutions established and the large amount of knowledge conveyed and added to the knowledge base on O I L, the head unit and the CVT, there's little else to discuss. I don't know how to keep it interesting without incorporating a "Dear Abby" type environment. :icon_lol:
And I should apologize too, if my response seemed to target you in a bad way,... was not my intention. You are actually one of the posters I like to read, and get a kick out of your remarks sometimes. And of course your insightful discussions about O I L.:bowdown:

But will say again, get a little tired of some posters with their repetitive trivial complaints as well as some of the obvious trolls who seem to have an axe to grind with Subaru.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
And I should apologize too, if my response seemed to target you in a bad way,... was not my intention.
Hmmmm...Whatever you are referring to apparently wasn't taken negatively. I'm neither pissed nor hurt.....:eek:ccasion14:

But will say again, get a little tired of some posters with their repetitive trivial complaints as well as some of the obvious trolls who seem to have an axe to grind with Subaru.
Yeah especially those who keep griping about serious issues with this site! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yeah especially those who keep griping about serious issues with this site! :icon_lol:
Yeah, didn't want to say anything to take away any pressure on the admins to fix things. But I personally was not experiencing any problems other than the occasional slow response. I had much worse problems last year, with not being able to access the latest posts in some threads, and also getting kicked off forcing me to log in again. Those were most annoying to me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Kona is an interesting car but Hyundai chose to retain the dual clutch transmission in it while removing it from mostly every other car / trim level because of wide spread problems with the DCT and general consumer hate and disgust with the DCT. So if you plan to test drive a Kona, even if just for fun, try to hit some stop and go traffic and see how much you like the DCT in those circumstances. What you experience will be your daily life. Maybe you'll be ok with it, maybe not.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The Kona is an interesting car but Hyundai chose to retain the dual clutch transmission in it while removing it from mostly every other car / trim level because of wide spread problems with the DCT and general consumer hate and disgust with the DCT. So if you plan to test drive a Kona, even if just for fun, try to hit some stop and go traffic and see how much you like the DCT in those circumstances. What you experience will be your daily life. Maybe you'll be ok with it, maybe not.
I couldn't believe that Hyundai was actually using the DCT! OMG! I hope they've done a better job than Ford did with it in their Focii and Fiestas. When I traveled I ended up refusing the Focus and Fiesta as a rental because of that POS. My last rental of a Fiesta in Chicago almost got me a head-on collision because of that DCT.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Back in 15 when I bought my black XV I really wanted the green but it wasn't available in a manual transmission so I went for plan B, black.

Came across a Hyundai Kona yesterday, Green, with respectful green accent in interior, really really liked it but it only came in automatic...(deal breaker otherwise I would have whipped out my CC for a down payment...not ready to give up my stick just yet)

but looking it over, gee, think the Crosstrek has come competition, I love my Crosstrek, don't get me wrong, but the Kona has some really really nice features I would love to have on mine.

Big difference in the two? Number 1.... Its a HYUNDAI! case closed lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
BLUF: I purchased Crosstrek over the Kona. Good choice.

Back in June 2018 when car shopping, my choice narrowed to Crosstrek or Kona. Kona is more stylish, had the heads up display, and a few other things. At that time (maybe now?) didn’t have adaptive cruise control that wasn’t a deal breaker. The SUBARU brand was the decision breaker, and there were very few Kona’s at dealers.

Since the Crosstrek purchase, I love the adaptive cruise control and very glad I have it, could care less about heads up display.

I’ve only seen three Kona’s on the road (I don’t drive a lot....), but walked past one last week. Looked really small and toy like. Considering I came from a VW Golf, the smallness wasn’t a purchase factor. But, after the Crosstrek, the Kona seems way small....

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Kona is a cool *** vehicle and I almost went with it. The interior design kick's the Crosstrek's *** and I LOVE the blue lighting and elevated "floating tablet" touchscreen. Very minimal amounts of piano black gloss pieces (I think the radio knobs and the HVAC controls, but that's it). I loved the handling and styling. But the backseat room is pitiful as is the trunk space. The ride also isn't as good as the Crosstrek as it crashes over road imperfections. Trade in value is also weak as hell. Surprisingly, dealers weren't willing to discount the Kona much. I received $3,000.00 off the MSRP of my Crosstrek.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Kona looks like a great car, especially with the turbo engine. But it still doesn't challenge a Crosstrek (or many other Subarus) in the combination (for the money) that keeps me coming back to Subaru - legit AWD, interior space, ground clearance, and fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Since we were back at the dealer getting my wife a beater car to use as her work car (she had a company car, but losing it because of a job title change and didn't want to use her Crosstrek where she had to travel all the time bought a cheap low mileage Soul)..well anyways I did end up driving the Kona, I loved the color (green) and the accented interior. Honestly liked the temp gauge! wireless charging, heads up display, nice having a factory sunroof, power seat, navigation, android auto...(since mine is a manual couldn't get power seat or factory sunroof)

Bottom line, not a bad vehicle, didn't have as much power as I thought(even with the turbo), engine is a little buzzy, shifts are a little clunky at low speeds, and as said above feels "toyish" (to me the wow factor of the looks stopped dead once you drive it)

Having that said, I like my Crosstrek much better and I am not ready to give up my manual transmission.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts