Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
11,095 Posts
Does the HU firmware get updated to the latest after the Starlink update?
Good question! That may be a way for you to get the update, via this recall.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,095 Posts
Mine still says that. I called Starlink CS and they said to delete the app, but I believe that to be wrong as the website also shows the same
Well, I had the same problem in the app and on the website, beginning when they announced this 4G upgrade (even though they said in their notice that 3G wasn't being retired until February 2022). Got the upgrade yesterday and it still didn't work. So I just called Starlink and was explaining to the rep what didn't work by walking through the steps to, for example, locate the vehicle and it worked!

So, maybe the servers needed to be synced overnight or whatever? I'm glad it's working again but this is just another example of what a disaster the Harman HU has been for Subaru.

Reactions: Frenchcamp49er

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,095 Posts
So, I just tried it again to verify and it didn't work. It seems to now take a few tries on the website to get it to take. Don't think I'll bother calling them again but it's annoying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, it has to be done at the dealer. They said at least 2 hours. I had mine completed today b
My car has been with my dealership since Monday (today is Thursday). First they said they were having trouble getting the software downloaded. Then they said that Subaru told them to wait an hour and try again. After that hour I asked them and they said that they were going to have to order a part because the part was causing it to not work. So here we are on DAY FOUR. My dealership is an hour away from me, so it takes me two hours to get there and back. I am beyond pissed at this point.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
11,095 Posts
My car has been with my dealership since Monday (today is Thursday). First they said they were having trouble getting the software downloaded. Then they said that Subaru told them to wait an hour and try again. After that hour I asked them and they said that they were going to have to order a part because the part was causing it to not work. So here we are on DAY FOUR. My dealership is an hour away from me, so it takes me two hours to get there and back. I am beyond pissed at this point.
Sorry about that... I don't know why they couldn't have just enabled the 4G from the beginning... :icon_rolleyes:

Did you at least get a loaner?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wow that’s crazy. Keep us updated.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts