Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello. I ordered a white Sport 6 speed on July 11th. Expect to see it sometime near Christmas. [Wow! That's a long time!] Having read one thing after another about 'rev hang'... I'm worried.

QUESTION: If you could go back in time... would you buy your Crosstrek with a manual transmission again?

Thanks.
I just picked up a 2022 6 -Speed Crosstrek Premium. Slow as hell, missing too many gauges etc. And guess what...I love it. I drive a manual 911 GTS and a manual Golf R. I jump into the Subaru and the rev hang does not bother me at all. I agree with the others that it is not something to worry about. I would purchase another(6 -speed) without hesitation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
0 ZERO issue with "rev hang". My 22 6MT NEVER bothers me with rev hang. A few microseconds adjustment while shifting is perfect. Learn to shift it as is and works great. Low HP is no big deal and "rev hang" is a soap opera bologna.
White Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Shoe Car Automotive design Hood Vehicle

34mpg on hwy and 22 in town. Dig the low hp car and looking forward to winter. 100% HAPPY with my 22 6MT Crossie.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate Car

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
0 ZERO issue with "rev hang". My 22 6MT NEVER bothers me with rev hang. A few microseconds adjustment while shifting is perfect. Learn to shift it as is and works great. Low HP is no big deal and "rev hang" is a soap opera bologna.
View attachment 312036
View attachment 312037

34mpg on hwy and 22 in town. Dig the low hp car and looking forward to winter. 100% HAPPY with my 22 6MT Crossie.

View attachment 312038
View attachment 312039
Agree with you on all points here. Although I've never achieved 34mpg with mine, more like 30 at best. You must drive at the speed limit or below. ;)

I got a laugh out of "soap opera balogna" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Scooby2

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just picked up a 2022 6 -Speed Crosstrek Premium. Slow as hell, missing too many gauges etc. And guess what...I love it. I drive a manual 911 GTS and a manual Golf R. I jump into the Subaru and the rev hang does not bother me at all. I agree with the others that it is not something to worry about. I would purchase another(6 -speed) without hesitation.
This is great to hear! I’m coming from a manual GTI (MK6, stage 1 tune) and just ordered a 2023 6MT Crosstrek.

I test drove the CVT before purchase, but of course there were no manuals available to try. Bit of a gamble, but I was pretty confident it would be fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This is great to hear! I’m coming from a manual GTI (MK6, stage 1 tune) and just ordered a 2023 6MT Crosstrek.

I test drove the CVT before purchase, but of course there were no manuals available to try. Bit of a gamble, but I was pretty confident it would be fine.
Same here! I have never driven a manual Crosstrek but I ordered one any way. But I'm even a bigger gambler than you are. I've never driven the CVT Crosstrek either! lol A bit of a gamble for sure!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same here! I have never driven a manual Crosstrek but I ordered one any way. But I'm even a bigger gambler than you are. I've never driven the CVT Crosstrek either! lol A bit of a gamble for sure!
We’ll have to compare notes when we get them! I ordered mine on July 9 and was told to expect it in “6-7 months.” That would be January or February, but I hope they were being conservative. Seems like the wait shouldn’t be quite that long.

I was surprised that the dealer had three Crosstreks on the lot: none for sale, but two available for test drives and one more in the showroom.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We’ll have to compare notes when we get them! I ordered mine on July 9 and was told to expect it in “6-7 months.” That would be January or February, but I hope they were being conservative. Seems like the wait shouldn’t be quite that long.

I was surprised that the dealer had three Crosstreks on the lot: none for sale, but two available for test drives and one more in the showroom.
I ordered a 6 Speed Premium CrossTrek and a 6 Speed Limited WRX on May 5th. They both came in on July 15 th. BTW I didn't take the WRX. It needs adaptive suspension badly. My Golf R puts it to shame. No offense to WRX owners. The Crosstrek was for my son. I liked it so much, I have to order another one for him now. I don't understand why you have to wait so long .

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
I ordered a 6 Speed Premium CrossTrek and a 6 Speed Limited WRX on May 5th. They both came in on July 15 th. BTW I didn't take the WRX. It needs adaptive suspension badly. My Golf R puts it to shame. No offense to WRX owners. The Crosstrek was for my son. I liked it so much, I have to order another one for him now. I don't understand why you have to wait so long .
Did you lose a deposit when you declined to take the WRX?

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
And I didn't even ask for a refund.
I guess they know they won't have any trouble selling it in this economy. Right now, they're making money hand over fist with markups over MSRP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No markup at my dealer. They stated the owner refuses to piss off potential life long customers. This is the correct way of purchasing/transactions of motor vehicles. They did sell the manual WRX within days.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
No markup at my dealer. They stated the owner refuses to piss off potential life long customers. This is the correct way of purchasing/transactions of motor vehicles. They did sell the manual WRX within days.
I agree. Unfortunately, the dealers around here don't agree. A friend went to two dealers around here looking for an Outback. Both marked up their cars over MSRP. He walked out and found a dealer 2 hours north of here in VT willing to sell him an Outback at MSRP.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Yes. We will. I ordered mine on July 11th and was told not to expect it before December. Apparently... I just got on the September build allotment thing [or whatever it is] in the nick of time! It sounded exciting when they said it. lol Not sure why your car wouldn't be on the list before mine. The dealer had quite a few Crosstreks. One limited and about 5 'Convenience' models. All with CVT's.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
Travel to Rhinebeck, NY. Subarus at MSRP only. Hyundai dealer in Beacon NY, MSRP also. VW dealerships here are borderline burgers.
VW dealerships anywhere are borderline burglars.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts