Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2023 Sport 6 Speed Crystal White Pearl
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On September 15th we'll know for sure. [Probably]

But before then..... what do you think?!

Same engines?

If not.... then what? Will the 2.0 be replaced with a turbocharged 1.5 or 1.8 liter?

Will it still be offered with the 2.5?

Same transmissions?

Will a manual transmission still be offered?

And as a bonus.... here are two photos. What is presumed to be a spy shot of the new Crosstrek dashboard [just a glimpse] and a photo of the dashboard found in the Subaru Levorg. Same thing?!

[The Levorg is sold in Australia as the WRX Sportwagon]

Is there anything else the All-New for 2024 Subaru Crosstrek will have? Or not have?

Will the CD player disappear? Will halogen headlamps be gone? [And anything else you can think of]

:)

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood

Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Steering part Car

:cool:

· Registered
20 Posts
Drive train will probably stay the same. I think if there is any change it’ll be making the change to the cb-18 which is the next Gen boxer. As for infotainment I think the base will get the weird double screen from the base Wrx and the other trims will get the big screen. Manual transmission will probably be a goner. Hopefully led lights and usb-c ports are standard

· Registered
889 Posts
It would be real nice if they put in the same turbo as the Outback. The Mazda CX-30 can be bought with 2.5l with or without a turbo.

· Registered
889 Posts
The Mazda CX-30 is a great car, just too small for me at 6 feet tall. I love Mazda's but Dubaru's have the roomiest interiors in their class.
WOW - didn't realize it was that much small than the Crosstrek

· Premium Member
"20 Pure Red-6MT-Tuned
40 Posts
After having now driven both variants of the FA24 in the BRZ & WRX, I can almost guarantee we'll see the naturally aspirated FA24 in this next-gen. I really hope we do. I think it's one of the best engines they've come up with. It's highly unlikely they'll keep the FB20D as it's one of the worst aspects of the current gen of XV/ Crosstrek, and every reviewer and consumer alike agrees it's the single thing holding the current model back.
People like the power and efficiency of a larger engine. I think with a bit of tweaking for emissions, they can easily meet and exceed their targets with the 2.4.
I also think they might keep the 6MT, but bring in the drivetrain from the VB WRX. It's a good trans, and we know the power and torque figures the FA24 can bring. I think it'd be silly to eliminate the manual option when they're still having issues with chips for all of the eyesight tech in the CVT models. And the new SPT (CVT) is incredibly responsive, and fun to drive.
Just my two cents. Can't wait for the reveal!

· Electrified!
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,258 Posts
I think it's best to keep expectations low. That way you won't be disappointed when they come in with the same engines and only refresh the dashboard and some body features. The LED lights are great (I love my steering responsive LED highs/lows/fogs in my crosstrek) and I can see them keeping halogens since they're cheap to keep costs down for the base models.

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
377 Posts
Next crosstrek will have torquy electric motors on four corners no more diffs no more center splitter no more CVT no more oil change, no more spark plug knuckle buster. Sighs
... plus a dependency on an energy source which has been thoroughly self-sabotaged by government hysterics.

Mind you, we can say the same about the energy source needed for ICE vehicles ... sigh, indeed.

· Registered
626 Posts
I don’t see them breaking away from their bread and butter engine, the 2.5l or the 2.0 l in the base model. I think the forester however will get new turbo version that is offered in other world markets by Subaru. If it ain’t broke…don’t fix it?

· Three-pedal evangelist
2020 Premium 6MT
1,824 Posts
Next crosstrek will have torquy electric motors on four corners no more diffs no more center splitter no more CVT no more oil change, no more spark plug knuckle buster. Sighs
That will be more like 2030.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts