Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're available in 225/65/17. Pretty sure they'll fit on stock rims and stock height outdoors. Anyone running these? Looking for aggressive tires due to driveway being 3km long and spring/after rain it turns into super slick mud. Not sure if the Toyo at3 will be enough.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,412 Posts
There's a guy on reddit running that tire in that size with cut bumpers and stuff. It looks really beefy and cool... and loud.

I thinking about the Toyos next time around, but my use case is very different from yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, so they fit. Hopefully without cutting. Trucks run duratracs and slide around quite a bit. Other truck in Firestone mt2's and is pretty solid.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,412 Posts
Yes, check out the sticky threads at the top of this subforum. 225/65R17 is confirmed to fit with no lift and stock wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw the sticky. Knew k02 in this size would fit no trimming needed. But these look a lot beefier than the k02s. Also trying to see why no one is running these. One pound lighter than the BFGs and look like a tougher tire.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,412 Posts
For me, I didn't want the road noise, on road manners, and weight; same reasons I didn't really consider the K02s. They're 28.7" diameter, which is 0.1" more than the Wildpeaks that I currently have on my car. I'm very confident that the Yokos will fit without trimming.

For reference, there's a user on here running K02s on 17x8" +38 Method wheels in 245/65R17. He said that he did have to do some trimming, but they fit.

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
43 Posts
those tires looks great but keep in mind that they aren't 3 peak snow rated if thats an issue where you live, in the northeast we get tons of snow so a tire thats is highly rated for snow is a big plus, looks wise they are fantastic though

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yea, I'd rather have the 3 peak rating personally and the tire compound that is best for it, but if you are just looking for beefy tires, those are cool. I replaced my previous Toyo OC AT2's with another set when I had my F150 and now on the CT I have the AT3's. I love em. They are great tires. Never been a fan of the KO2's. They scream gaudiness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered these tires in 235/75/15 for my Trek. Absolutely love these tires ran them on my old JKU in 35’s. Preformed better than my Toyo MTs especially on the road and in wet traction. If you are really concerned about MTs on wet surfaces just get the inner tread siped at your local tire shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not super concerned about wet traction. First time for mud tires on the Crosstrek, but not first mud tire experience. Going to try the Toyo at3 and see if they'll work. Yokohama never got back to me on why they don't sell that size in Canada. I did want the g003 for sure and of these Toyos don't work, I'll be ordering them in from the states. They look like an amazing tire for sure

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
63 Posts
That G003 looks like a pretty aggressive mud tire. Probably not what most would consider on a Crosstrek. I would think they sing the song of the people, and loudly. I guess only one way to find out.
I didn't see it's winter rating, and in the frozen north that would seem to be a consideration, but what would a guy from Texas know of frozen. We do our best to stay put for the few days every few years that we get that stuff. LOL I'm looking hard at the Toyo at3 for the next tire purchase. That is as long as the BF Goodrich T/A KO2 is a complete flop. Not sure if these are new (size) or just limited avilability, but I don't find any reviews where some others shine like new (ish) money.
The heart wants what it wants.
Happy Shopping

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have winter tires for the car. These are just for the spring through fall mud. I'll let you know how the AT3's work out in the mud. They go on tomorrow and will be tested out this week.
Up here it's mandatory to run winters from October till May. Or must be a m&s rated tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Geo MTs are surprisingly quiet mud terrains and I have experience with loud tires like 36in bias ply Super Swamper TSLs..now those sing. I think the Geos are one of the best on road MT around.

ive run the same set of KO2s across two Crosstreks for 85k miles. The tires still have over 50% tread. I have very little complaints. They are well mannered on dry pavement, not too loud at all…as long as AS haven’t been your only tire your whole life. They were good in snow and mid. My only grip is wet traction/hydroplaning could be better. Is white knuckle scary…no, could it be better like Wildpeaks…yes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts