Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For once in many many years the wife and I are gonna be free of the kids on Thanksgiving Day which means Dad (me) won't be stuck in the kitchen afterward washing dishes, pots and pans while everyone else is lazing around musing about how full they are. This year she and I have a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. For what they are charging for a turkey and dressing dinner ($41), it had better be nothing less that outstanding!

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,842 Posts
For once in many many years the wife and I are gonna be free of the kids on Thanksgiving Day which means Dad (me) won't be stuck in the kitchen afterward washing dishes, pots and pans while everyone else is lazing around musing about how full they are. This year she and I have a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. For what they are charging for a turkey and dressing dinner ($41), it had better be nothing less that outstanding!
I'm sure it will taste even better, knowing you're not going to be on dishwashing duty later!

I bought a kabocha today from the local farmers' market, and roasted it, and am about to make pie crust. It will eventually be a kabocha pumpkin pie, hopefully. We go all out... no canned pumpkin around here. Or canned cranberries - OAK just got back from Trader Joe's with fresh cranberries and all kinds of other goodies...

·
Registered
2019 Limited with Eyesight
384 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving from Canada mates. To anyone travelling be safe. Weather looks to be pretty bad. Looks like Bread and Butter got the official pardon today.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,373 Posts
Another Happy Thanksgiving from Canada here. We had ours last month, but will be partaking in Black Friday spending festivities, now a thing here in Canada, too, now.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,373 Posts
'Bout time! The "Black Friday" concept originated right here in Tulsa, OK.....?
Yeah, we like it... Have always had our big sale day on Boxing Day (Dec 26), and now we get two.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah, we like it... Have always had our big sale day on Boxing Day (Dec 26), and now we get two.
It used to be January 2nd in the UK, but it inched back to Boxing Day.

Happy Turkey Day, and safe travels to one and all.

I'm stuck in the kitchen making tenderloin steak today. Not a turkey fan, and the rest of my brood aren't big on traditional dinners and feasts. Almost time for breakfast, I think we deserve pancakes!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I'm thankful we're not getting on a freeway today...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Yeah, a 4.5 hour detour...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts