Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member fairly new owner of a Subaru. I'm really disappointed with the milage I am getting on my Hybrid. I feel I paid additional money for nothing. I hope someone can tell me how to get the milage up to where they advertise on the sticker. Also my radio/navigation screen is so bad I just can't use it unless I'm parked in the shade. It looks black. Another waste of money! Can someone help me love my new car?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I can't help you love your new car but I can tell you that people who bought the hybrid understood going in that the mpg difference from the gas version was not that much different. The real selling point of the hybrid is added torque at low revs imho. As for the nav unit it is a common complaint if you researched it before buying. Most bypass this option as a result and get an aftermarket radio/nav unit instead.

·
Registered
780 Posts
New member fairly new owner of a Subaru. I'm really disappointed with the milage I am getting on my Hybrid. I feel I paid additional money for nothing. I hope someone can tell me how to get the milage up to where they advertise on the sticker. Also my radio/navigation screen is so bad I just can't use it unless I'm parked in the shade. It looks black. Another waste of money! Can someone help me love my new car?
Do you have the brightness dial turned all the way up? It's down by your left knee.

As for the mileage, that all just depends on your driving style. EPA estimates are only valuable as an apples-to-apples way to compare vehicles. You can't expect your numbers to match them unless your driving style matches the EPA test methodology perfectly, which it seems yours does not. Theoretically, if you are (for example) getting 7MPG worse than the EPA estimate, then you would probably do about 7MPG worse than the EPA estimate of whatever car you bought.

I generally get about 35ish on the highway. Around town in suburban roads I normally get 38-40, assuming the car is warmed up. On short drives where the car can't warm up, I normally get around 25-28ish. These aren't earth shattering numbers, but they're a lot better than my previous vehicle.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Check Fuelly and see what other owners are getting in regards to mpgs. It looks like most are in the 25 mpg range, so you are right there.

What do you mean the HU is "black"? are you getting a glare from the sun and can't see anything on the screen or is it rebooting itself? You might have to turn the interior lights up if they are currently not high enough. I have no issues with my HU in my 2015 Premium, no glare and can see all selections well.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Replace your headunit, upgrade your speakers, add some dynomat/sound deadener to your doors and learn to adjust your driving habits to maximize your fuel economy.

You have two posts trashing your car. Seems like you should have seen all your complaints during the test drive. Maybe you should have bought a higher end car. Not sure what you expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts