Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014, Subaru Xv. Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a while now I’ve been looking for the best way to set up my XV with a UHF / CB Radio for comms on the road. There really wasn’t anything that suited my style I was going for, you either had to make holes in the paneling or it was just an eye sore, so I’ve come up with a way that it both works great and also isn’t going to damage any paneling.

So to start I’ve had a professional install my uhf above the drivers footwell. I then attached the antenna to the tail gate with a “lip mount bracket” off eBay and ran the cable alone the drivers side above the door trim behind the airbag system, this way I was able to get the cable easily all the way to the front and drop it right at the uhf box. I’ll add some photos I’ve taken along the way for any references…

let me know what y’all think and if there’s any ideas on bettering this? 😁

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Car Tire Hood Wheel

Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Cable Bag
Rectangle Font Gas Box Electric blue

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
14,661 Posts
Nice job! I would not have wanted to drill though any panels. I had a trunk lid magnetic mount on an earlier car but it kept falling off going over bumps or whatever.

How about a pic of the entire car with it mounted and the hatch closed?

·
Registered
2014, Subaru Xv. Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive done a small amount of driving with it already on, I even swing of it slightly just to make sure that going down the hwy it didn’t bend or come apart, it definitely seems sturdy, I am also getting a smaller antenna adapter so that my daily driving I don’t have to worry about hitting garage doors and underground parking but other than that no issues yet! I’ll also link the mount I used…

happy new year all 😁

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Cloud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts