Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1641 - 1654 of 1654 Posts

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
1,854 Posts
Yup, new firmware/maps now available as of this morning.
Rel_A1.19.17.20 NAFTA
USA Canada and Mexico_1021_6891_9309

I might just wait a while to see if any bugs emerge. Mine is working fine for me right now, so no urgency to update.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yup, new firmware/maps now available as of this morning.
Rel_A1.19.17.20 NAFTA
USA Canada and Mexico_1021_6891_9309

I might just wait a while to see if any bugs emerge. Mine is working fine for me right now, so no urgency to update.
I am downloading now....all because I am curious to see if some of the new roads in LV are now in the map update. I will update both my Crosstrek and Outback and report back if there are any new "bugs". I am not expecting any, but hey, we know things can get broken that never needed fixing. :)

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Likewise. All went smoothly and without surprises (including the anticipated long wait at the end of step 8 in the installation process).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes! Right up to the time the update is completed. Then it comes on to a different preset and a louder volume. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish they would update the search functions because I really like the integration with the top screen and I would probably actually use the system. As it is.... by the time I find it on Google maps I don't bother switching systems. Of course I'll still do the update because it's going to bother me to drive the car knowing it's not completely up to date, I'm sure many of you can relate.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,296 Posts
I wish they would update the search functions because I really like the integration with the top screen and I would probably actually use the system. As it is.... by the time I find it on Google maps I don't bother switching systems. Of course I'll still do the update because it's going to bother me to drive the car knowing it's not completely up to date, I'm sure many of you can relate.
That's my main complaint with the onboard nav. You need to know the exact address...

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Is this update for 2018's only? I have the 2019 Limited. When I log on to the map site its shows latest available is the one from April (publication date) which I just installed few weeks ago.
I would assume so. The 19s have a slightly newer HU (Gen 3.1) and the previous TSBs have been very specific about whether to install the new firmware on a 2018 or a 2019.

The '19s got a new release in January so this may be the catch up for the '18s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, i know this is a old thread, but i have just picked up a 2012 XV and the SD card is missing from the SATNAV, is there a way to download and flash a SD with the software to run it? or a Back up of some one elses?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been updating my maps/nav via the USB method. I was in the dealership today and they told me there was a recall for my head unit to apply updates. Was he possibly referring to what I've already been doing? I told him I had already applied the updates and he didn't believe me since I didn't have a Subaru computer or something.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
I have been updating my maps/nav via the USB method. I was in the dealership today and they told me there was a recall for my head unit to apply updates. Was he possibly referring to what I've already been doing? I told him I had already applied the updates and he didn't believe me since I didn't have a Subaru computer or something.
What model year and trim?

We get notifications to update and the maps updates are bundled with the latest firmware. They are also rolling out updates via Wi-Fi. It's confusing right now...

1641 - 1654 of 1654 Posts