Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1601 - 1620 of 1654 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its says on this link (HERE) Subaru HERE Map Update

that this is the latest Map update...

↑Map Update: Edition 2016/17 HERE Database Version: 3rd Quarter 2015

I assume i can see this if I go into my Nav system on the XV and check???
Well it will depend on the version of maps on your SD card. The option to display this is buried deep within the menu system. Thankfully GTRI01 mentioned it in a previous post, so here's a cut n paste of it.

From the map screen press menu > more > help > about > more > content > scroll down to maps

I also tried using HD Clone to clone my Subaru 4GB SD card to a SanDisk 16GB. The clone appeared to work, created the two paritions to the same size as the original SD card, however the unit failed to load, got stuck at about the 75% mark. May have something to do with the 3rd partition on the SD card, the unclaimned 12Gb of space. Will try removing that partition to see if it helps.

Craig

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well it will depend on the version of maps on your SD card. The option to display this is buried deep within the menu system. Thankfully GTRI01 mentioned it in a previous post,
so here's a cut n paste of it.

From the map screen press menu > more > help > about > more > content > scroll down to maps

I also tried using HD Clone to clone my Subaru 4GB SD card to a SanDisk 16GB. The clone appeared to work, created the two paritions to the same size as the original SD card, however the unit failed to load, got stuck at about the 75% mark. May have something to do with the 3rd partition on the SD card, the unclaimned 12Gb of space. Will try removing that partition to see if it helps.

it appears to indicate November 2015 so the 3rd Quarter seems right.....

IMG_0283.jpg

its interesting too that holding the home button and pressing the tune knob/button 5 times gets a hidden menu I never knew about

·
Registered
10 Posts
its interesting too that holding the home button and pressing the tune knob/button 5 times gets a hidden menu I never knew about
That must be specific to the model of NAV unit in your car, seems to be a newer model than what's in my 2012 XV. I don't even think I have a "home" or "tune" button on mine. What does this hidden menu do?, others may be interested.

Craig

·
Registered
144 Posts
What does this hidden menu do?, others may be interested.

I'll take a few pics

My audio/nav unit is from the MY16 or its actually referred to as year MY17 although was built in August and I bought New in November last year

here is video from YT and is about Updating Starlink system firmware and you get to see this menu he operates at about the 1.20 mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just some small updates on this topic that may be of use to others.

1. Subaru Australia now have a new map update page. ( Subaru HERE Maps Update )
2. The $169 AUD for the update DOES NOT include GST, so the full price is $185.00 AUD despite the website saying otherwise. I am raising this with
Subaru to get a refund of the GST charged.

3. The statement entry will be fromn MODUSLINK BV and NOT Subaru.
4. At the bottom of the page SUbaru now direct you to GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com for replacement SD Cards at $199.00 Inc GST and shipping, however that URL redirects you to another site where I can see no mention of ordering replacement SD Cards. Seems you havew to use their "Contact Us" option to request one.

Hopefully the above information will be of some use to others.

Regards,

Craig

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Craig, I followed the link at point 4.

4. At the bottom of the page SUbaru now direct you to GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com for replacement SD Cards at $199.00 Inc GST and shipping, however that URL redirects you to another site where I can see no mention of ordering replacement SD Cards. Seems you havew to use their "Contact Us" option to request one.
and filled in Oceania / Built In / Subaru / XV / 2017 and it says

"
HERE Maps for your Subaru

Visit your local Subaru dealer for a complimentary map update with any paid service!

Find your local dealer:

Australia Dealer Locator® local dealer to order a map update.

OR

New Zealand Dealer Locator® local dealer to order a map update."

so hopefully they are free !

cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm picking up the MY18 XV 2.0iS CVT on Saturday and queried re the map updates, they confirmed that I have 3 years of updates.

This is in Melbourne.

cheers,
Ray
See point 3 of their T&C for the free yearly map updates

3. To be eligible for the free yearly map update a scheduled service must be carried out by a participating Subaru Service Centre during at least once every 12 months. For any missed scheduled services during a 12 month period, the yearly map update is forfeited.

It is not clear though if this applies to new cars still in their 3yr warranty period or not.

Full T&C's can be found here. https://www.subaru.com.au/owner-experience/benefits/subaru-map-update-program

Craig

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Craig,

I saw point 3, I'll get the services done at Subaru as required, I do about 15K Km / Yr so I'll be doing at least one a year anyway so point 3 doesn't worry me. I wanted to confirm that the MY18 XV had the map updates as it was not explicitly mentioned in the small print of the " very outdated" Oz Subaru site.
cheers, Ray

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a MY17 technically I bought it in Nov 2016 and it was built in August 2016 I'm defs making sure I get the free UD's but....as the T & C's indicate my model is included. I had my first 6 month service (8K km) in May and
I queried it at the local Eblens Subaru here in Adelaide and they seemed shocked I knew about it....hahahahahaha Although at the time when I checked here and found the update was not even available yet anyway.....
which is kinda what they were telling me....so I think there is newer one available now in the last few weeks?? as the old one was named 3rd quarter 2015 If I have my research correct........ Might take it in and harass them
for it since my service was only 2 months ago (Im due for 12 month Service in December) and Ill be giving them a few things to update as my Cruise Control is really flakey and has massive creep unlike my old car which
was rock solid and never creeped like this new one does.....and I read somewhere this can be trimmed?? its ALL doable in the ECU but they need to plug it and do it, same as the entry/exit Chirp we dont have here although
its doable at the service center via plug in ECU so it appears in the manual.I want this feature re installed.

The way its going, three years worth of free maps might only be this current one....going by the frequency that they update it appears.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,275 Posts
Yes, amazing how when they charge you for them they update twice a year. :)

Reactions: Joffa

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rayjay, a word of warning as Subaru are VERY sneeky when it comes to specifics. Be 101% sure you are fully familiar with what they are offering/speced for you and that it meets with your needs and expectations.
For example, if the system is supposed to include SUNA then get Subaru to demonstrate this feature BEFORE taking delivery. Likewise for any other feature you are expecting in the multimedia sytem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
<snip> For example, if the system is supposed to include SUNA then get Subaru to demonstrate this feature BEFORE taking delivery. Likewise for any other feature you are expecting in the multimedia system.
Hi Guyco,

all worked as expected, SUNA included, I was told that "Safety/Red-light" cameras are not there anymore but I did see one pop up when I was driving yesterday, but only one ( unless it was some other weird symbol that I know nothing about ! ),

cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
144 Posts
Likewise for any other feature you are expecting in the multimedia system.[/QUOTE]

Yes ..... Slightly off topic but I thought the Sales guy last year said VOICE control was also for the Climate Control system as well........Im AU BTW

Was i imagning that???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Apologies to necro this thread but it came up in my search. I recently got a card for my newly purchased XV, but everything in the menu is in what I think is Czech language. It is the iGO version 9.2.2.230646 as mentioned above. Using the google translate app I still cannot find anywhere to change the language. I can easily program a destination, and get the voice directions in English so it isn't all bad, but any ideas on how to change the actual text to English?

Edit to add more info:

My XV is a 2012 UK model, and from reading this thread looks like the Fujitsu model device in the car. The SD card I have is model no SENQFJ60QQ

·
Registered
10 Posts
G'day,

Well I have a 2012 XV as well and from what you said it seems to be the same or similar model to the unit in my car. I have done a quick video on my iphone on how to change the language settings. The options will most likely depend on what maps are on your SD card. I only had three "English" options, two female and one male voice.

I hope it is of some help to you.

Craig

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Craig, many thanks for the reply it is appreciated. However, the voice is not the issue I have, but the actual text in the menu's are in Czech. The icons seem reasonably easy to follow, so I can easily put a destination in, and get the English voice commands. The maps seem fine too, but it is how to change the actual text to English I struggle with.

If you know how to do it, as your machine is identical to mine, I would love to know how. If not, I will live with it, as I can at least get somewhere with English voice :)

On a lighter note, my once zero Czech lingual ability has improved. I am almost certain "zpět" means "back" lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Craig, many thanks for the reply it is appreciated. However, the voice is not the issue I have, but the actual text in the menu's are in Czech.
Oops, sorry, I misunderstood your orginal message. I'll have a look on my unit to see what I can find. I also have the original Subaru manuals, so they may have the information buried in them somewhere.

I do have a nagging suspicion that this may be controlled by the data on the cars SDCard though. Is the SDCard the original one shipped with the car? Was the car imported from the Czech Republic?
Regards,

Craig

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Craig, thanks again for the reply. No, the car is a UK model, I bought it fully in the knowledge its SD card was missing, but thought getting a replacement would be easy. It was only when I looked around, ebay mostly that I was running in to issues. Mostly that all the cards were stating for "2015" models onwards. They were £50.

So I rang a local dealer, and he said it would cost £350 to get one as they were only available from Japan. For that you can imagine I politely declined and took a punt on the ebay one. If the info is on the card, I wonder if there is a way to, legally, get a file to override the language. I've been using Google translate on my iphone, and operating the menus through the camera, so far to no avail.

edit: If it helps, the card I got was marked "SENQFJ6022" and "T1000-24540".

I tried to link to ebay but for some reason it wont work here.

1601 - 1620 of 1654 Posts