Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did a custom exhaust on the cvt. works well but will need a resonator. Try a straight pipe replacement and the car got slower. You do need a resonator there just for back pressure for the cvt.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I think it helps if everyone told us weather they have a 5 speed or CVT transmission. I have the CVT Transmission and had a muffler shop installed a Cherry Bomb Vortex Muffler. Had the tail pipe pointed 3 inches directly out the back, to get rid of the engine drone sound. Everything else was left stock, very pleased with it. I get a little more low end torque from a stop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did a custom exhaust on the cvt. works well but will need a resonator. Try a straight pipe replacement and the car got slower. You do need a resonator there just for back pressure for the cvt.

Xvsti- i did the same on mine. I have cvt trans also and i deleted the mid muffler and replacled it with straight pipe. So u recommend il put it back or replace it with a smaller one? With the stock resonator, i can barely hear the rumble sound.

·
Super Moderator
250 Posts
Holy Five Year Bump....

Welcome to the forums @its_factory_bud.

@Calebduncan10 hasn't been on the forums since 2014...

There are quite a few threads regarding this topic...

C.

Quote:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

If you haven't done so already, you might try an advanced search for answers to your questions.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts