Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
cool how is the shipping, btw i have a commercial account with napa, so i may have underestimated final price.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Maybe I missed a step? Just got part # 41785 from napa and the pipe hits the bottom of the bumper. No biggie so I trim the pipe at an angle. Installed the pipe started it up and man it sounded good. Drove around the block, come back and the bumper has melted in that spot. Great. Instantly removed the pipe and reinstalled stock muffler. Fun while it lasted but not gonna ruin my bumper for that!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
A loud muffler is a must for a Subaru
If ur not going to hear the boxer rumble why bother buying a Subaru lolololol

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
The cops can be apita when it comes to non stock mufflers. In Maine the max decible range allowed is 92.

·
Registered
1 Posts
would love to do this, but would prefer something that looks a bit better and doesnt melt the bumper. Just bought the XV yesterday, can the OP give more details as to where you got the parts?

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Here is my sports system
2 and 1/4 inch pipe with resonator and stainless steel hurricane muffler with 4 inch tip

·
Registered
6,722 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the muffler delete, but was looking underneath my car at my buddies garage today and thought about taking out the resonator and putting a performance muffler in place of it. Anyone have any input on that?

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Replace it
I have a 2. 1/4 inch pipe with a small stainless steel resonator and a oval stainless steel sports muffler
Getting rid of the OEM resonator is a must( too big )

·
Registered
62 Posts
It isn't anything flashy just a 2.25 90degree turn down but fits perfect
Hey do you know what the distance between the 2 studs are on the exhaust flange? I want to do this mod this weekend, but no stores have that part in stock. I can easily do this I just need to know the stud to stud distance, thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im sorry, heat and bend pipe just before hanger, will clear bumper with no problems, no problems at all, no melted bumper. Been on there for 7k miles.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts