Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main problem is that when you gain speed from 0 to 20 approximately, you feel a jolt (well, or a kick), which changes its strength depending on the acceleration rate. If you go very slowly, then the kick is strong, if you press the pedal sharply, then less. SOMETIMES not felt at all.

The valve body was removed and washed. It did not help I also measured the resistance of the solenoids, everything is in order. I changed the oil, did the adaptation. But the problem still persists.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not sure I’ve heard of people having this issue before. I feel a jolt right off the line at 0mph but that’s it and it has been that way for 50k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my '15 Crosstrek with CVT (65k miles). Happens maybe around 50% of the time when accelerating slowly around ~10 mph. It doesn't seem to be related to engine or outside temperature. I started noticing it a year ago or so. Thought it might be the air intake valve but haven't gotten around to cleaning it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of the 1st things I'd check is the fuel pump and pressure regulator. Had these go on our Outback. It was later, down the line that the cvt went and exhibited the same characteristics(was at all speeds, whereas the fuel was more at low).
regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts