Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
So. These carbon fiber aftermarket hoods fit. Awesome. But. Do the stock ones from here in the US fit? I'd rather spend a few more dollars for a functional one in Black. Swappable?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
That's what thought. The carbon fiber one is a bit spendy for me.

Dear Mr. Eric,

We are very thankful to receive your email.

We specialized in manufacturing car tuning and racing body kits in the material of carbon fiber, fiberglass and PU rim. OEM orders and customized production are acceptable.

The unit price of Subaru XV 2012 carbon fiber hood is 248.00USD. The shipping cost of one piece of hood to USA by DHL is 552.00USD by DHL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys! Sharing more photos of the hood.

I'm very happy with it - gotten some nice compliments from complete strangers when parking. Also, this dude driving another white XV drove by and gave me this weirdly pleasant thumbs up sign...

Under bright sunlight, the weave pattern really stands out. Very purdy, I think. Of course, to each his own. The lady I ordered this from was very responsive and helpful. Highly recommended!

The hood doesn't have any soundproofing - the underside is completely bare. However, the hood itself, although lightweight, is fairly thick, so I haven't noticed any increase in engine noise after the swap.

View attachment 5337 View attachment 5345
May I know where did you get this hood?
Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
No link, I asked my Subaru service guy today. I asked him about installing a WRX bonnet for my XV, and he just came out and said that unlike the rest of the body which we know is steel, ...the hood is aluminium. I don't think he was fooling around with me. Be good if someone who can tell the difference, can verify this.
Stick a magnet on it. Easiest way I know how to tell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi XV forums!

I feel like an outsider, but this is the only place I could find anything close to what I am looking for.
Does anyone know if this carbon hood will replace the hood of a 2015 Impreza Hatchback Sport? As far as I can tell from looking at
the Subaru parts lists, both the 2015 Impreza and Crosstrek XV both come with the same hood, I think. Both have the
OEM number of "57229FJ0009P". I really want a scoop, even if its not functional, but it doesn't look like anyone makes one for my
little Impreza.

Also can you paint carbon fiber?

Sorry for necrobumping a 3 year old thread, but you guys are the only ones talking about what I am looking for. At least you used to, haha!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi XV forums!

I feel like an outsider, but this is the only place I could find anything close to what I am looking for.
Does anyone know if this carbon hood will replace the hood of a 2015 Impreza Hatchback Sport? As far as I can tell from looking at
the Subaru parts lists, both the 2015 Impreza and Crosstrek XV both come with the same hood, I think. Both have the
OEM number of "57229FJ0009P". I really want a scoop, even if its not functional, but it doesn't look like anyone makes one for my
little Impreza.

Also can you paint carbon fiber?

Sorry for necrobumping a 3 year old thread, but you guys are the only ones talking about what I am looking for. At least you used to, haha!
Get on SubaruPartsWarehouse, look up part numbers for both cars. If they're matching numbers, order your hood because it fits.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
20 Posts
Bumping this post from the grave.. but i am in the process of ordering a couple of the JKS racing 2012-2015 carbon fiber Crosstrek hoods w/ scoop from China to the US. Obviously ill be keeping one for myself, but if anyone is near Michigan ill be selling the others when they come in. ill post pictures of the hoods when they come in. in the mean time these are some pictures they sent of the hood.
1ae7988d09af58bbc789b0fc226ee506.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Crosstrek
23 Posts
Bumping this post from the grave.. but i am in the process of ordering a couple of the JKS racing 2012-2015 carbon fiber Crosstrek hoods w/ scoop from China to the US. Obviously ill be keeping one for myself, but if anyone is near Michigan ill be selling the others when they come in. ill post pictures of the hoods when they come in. in the mean time these are some pictures they sent of the hood.
View attachment 301698 View attachment 301697
How much are you selling them for?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would like to jump on this bandwagon. I like look for sure. Any updates on getting one in the US?
I know the Impreza bumper, hood, and fenders fit the crosstrek. at least I’ve seen it.
this was in CA, US. I’ve also seen carbon fiber hoods online sold out of the US for the Impreza so you should be good if your still in the market for it haha.

C0407AED-C2F3-455B-9483-357AE86AD913.png

·
Registered
XV Crosstrek 2014 Limited 2.0i 5MT
54 Posts
View attachment 301698 View attachment 301697
Do you have an update on your hoods?

81 - 100 of 100 Posts