Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Man I want this hood so bad... Just can't pull the trigger...

BeachAV8R

·
Registered
667 Posts
I guess I'd have to see it on a black one, usually when I see CF parts on a car it looks like a replacement part that hasn't been painted unless there are other CF accents around the body.

·
Registered
42 Posts
REVIVE!

The website is down. Maybe we can find a source and work a group buy for those interested?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have contacted the seller and there may be a way that we can get a group buy price if multiple people are interested. I would love to see this and the matching grille on my Crystal Black Crosstrek.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello S L
wait a bit
I'm fixing the conveyor that brings air intercooler plus ...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I recently ordered and received the carbon grille. I mocked it up:
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428685837.726920.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428685847.568908.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428685855.598007.jpg
The upper mount holes need to be enlarged a little for the push tabs to fit and the screw holes on the sides need to be predrilled. The lower grille tab mounts on the bumper cover may need very slight modification to fit correctly. The carbon weave and clearcoat are high quality and overall I was pretty satisfied.

My wife however, didn't like the look of the mesh and lack of emblem, so off it came. I am going to wait for the Subaru sport grille to come available and am willing to sell this one if anyone is interested. PM me.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Buy a badge from eBay and add it

Can use a 3m stick Type ( I've used on mesh before and sticks )
Or buy one with a clip ( I've also used and works )

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
This is a carbon fibre grille with a 3m stick on STI badge ( can buy normal blue ones also )
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
This hood is made of fieberglass (only a layer in carbon fiber) like a sandwich with vacuum inside and have a big hole in the middle . I think it's not so dangerous in case of crash. in Italy it's legal.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts