Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Scoop, Scoop, Scoop BA! Subby Subby DO! I think that hood looks AWESOME! And I want that grill too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Man that thing looks great! What was the cost on that thing? More pics would certainly be appreciated too!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am not poo pooing!

Basically cars in Australia have to abide by rules were if a car strikes a pedestrian it must minimize any potential damage to the pedestrian. That is another reason why you will no longer see hood ornaments.
Carbon fibre shaters and splinters and therefore seen as being to dangerous for use on a bonnet.
May I suggest carbon look wrap or get your current bonnet hooded and painted!

·
Registered
212 Posts
If i Could get a WRX Bonnet like this one and a XV bonnet. I would somehow put the scoop on the XV bonnet. I will give anything a go if i have it in my hands

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys! Sharing more photos of the hood.

I'm very happy with it - gotten some nice compliments from complete strangers when parking. Also, this dude driving another white XV drove by and gave me this weirdly pleasant thumbs up sign...

Under bright sunlight, the weave pattern really stands out. Very purdy, I think. Of course, to each his own. The lady I ordered this from was very responsive and helpful. Highly recommended!

The hood doesn't have any soundproofing - the underside is completely bare. However, the hood itself, although lightweight, is fairly thick, so I haven't noticed any increase in engine noise after the swap.

20130413_143052_HDR.jpg 20130414_132451.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
WOW. Where did you get the bonnet from and what does the bonnet actually come off and how much did it set you back?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
When I started this post it was just my little fantasy but here it is on your cars and boy does it look great. Man I want one.

·
Registered
489 Posts

I'm very happy with it - gotten some nice compliments from complete strangers when parking. Also, this dude driving another white XV drove by and gave me this weirdly pleasant thumbs up sign...

Under bright sunlight, the weave pattern really stands out. Very purdy, I think. Of course, to each his own. The lady I ordered this from was very responsive and helpful. Highly recommended!

The hood doesn't have any soundproofing - the underside is completely bare. However, the hood itself, although lightweight, is fairly thick, so I haven't noticed any increase in engine noise after the swap.

View attachment 5337 View attachment 5345
Notice any turbulence with that scoop? Even though its covered up, I suspect it would cause some type of resistanece. Any drop in MPG?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I dig that hood scoop, but exposed carbon looks bad on orange. I wonder if they can make it out of paintable fiberglass.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Shame.... makes me miss my STi now. :(

Subaru! Why U No top mount and turbo XV?!?!

As much as I like the design on this induction hood, I couldn't do it unless I found a way to make it functional. I personally would feel like a tool with a fake scoop on my car. :(

Maybe.... drill holes and port air to airbox or a short ram? Hmmmm.... ;)

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I had a STi bonnet scoop on all my previous Impresa
What I did is place. A Ram pod air filter directly under the opening and dam did. It work well

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 5337 View attachment 5345
Hello Jason, I'm looking to do the same thing with my crystal black XV, really looking forward to it. I found the part you have on suspart.com, is that right? I'm ready to order, but wanna do my research. You said little increase in engine noise, any idea how much weight you are actually taking off? Any noticeable difference in gas mileage?

41 - 60 of 100 Posts