Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody thought about putting a WRX hood and grill on the XV? The scoop would look Awesome. I think it would work if you changed the grill to. What do you think?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To bad Subaru doesn't make a WRX rally XV. That hood would look so much better with a turbo underneath it. Thanks for the link CSSM, good job on finding exactly what I was thinking about.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
To bad Subaru doesn't make a WRX rally XV. That hood would look so much better with a turbo underneath it. Thanks for the link CSSM, good job on finding exactly what I was thinking about.
If they did it would likely have the new under hood induction for the inter-cooler. It's currently in use on the new Forester XT, no hood mounted scoop and according to Subaru flows more air at speed directly to the inter-cooler than the previous hood mount scoop. Technology moves forward http://www.abload.de/img/subaru-forester-2013-ajfkz.jpg That's the engine compartment of the 2014 Forester XT, now see the black plastic intake at the top front of the radiator, that's the direction they could take. I think if they are going to continue with a top mounted scoop they will only use it on the WRX/STI variants to distinguish them from the rest of the lineup.

Besides adding a hood scoop to a current XV or Impreza does nothing, but scream poseur.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, Poseur, but I think it looks great and I can dream of a prime mover to match. I think Subaru could sell a lot of XV's like that. Don't get me wrong I love my XV just the way she is, good gas mileage and go anywhere ability, but I think Subaru has a great rally car here if they just gave it a little mojo. I would love to see the XV flying across the desert with lots of lettering on the paint and all four wheels off the ground and oh yeah, a hood scoop. Dreamer not Poseur.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek
1,144 Posts
The pictures of it close up show it is carbon fiber around the edges.

I don't think it's the same thing, looking behind the mesh.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts