Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I wanted on both sides doubles exhausts but then I should have a other muffler and in Germany could give that problems with the T.U.V. So I decided to play it safe in this case .... and it was also a lot cheaper :p

Cut of the "old" pipe from the muffler and welding back a new RVSturn with stainless steel welding wire and welded the new double 304RVS exhaust on the new RVS pipe...and also cut out a piece of the rear bumper.

Pics; :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
These exhausts are used in the DTM class in Germany(is told me), I got the exhaust of a friend of mine purchased (new)

Edit; Oo I forgot to tell you; It's come from Eisenmann

·
Registered
260 Posts
welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing pic's of your XV!

how many KM's have you put on it so far? any issues?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Is That tips only or did u get a sports muffler

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Is That tips only or did u get a sports muffler

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
I wrote that in my opening post(cut of the 'old' pipe from the muffler...(original) ... I want no **** with the TÜV in Germany. TÜV is a test service for cars and if your car is not approved by the TÜV approval, I do not come with car parts not approved by the TÜV on the road with my car, or police will say with a road check, Hey thats not original that muffler and to loud and show me your TÜV approval for that mufflerexhaust system, and you don't drive further with that exhaust system without TÜV .... so the exhaust makes not more noise, btw is not my thing, I like fast driving, and better is with low noise because otherwise, anyone can hear me arrive also the police...I like the exhaust for now...and no video because there's no F1 sound :p

Btw; A car without a exhaust pipe(edit: on the back) is gay imo

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like your signature, Mec!

:cool:
Thanx arnoldc ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------
I forgot to say: I've tried to make, and of I could weld a duplex exhaust on the original muffler, but that was not possible because of lack of space .... double on both sides is only possible with an "illigal" muffler....but wtf, I'm happy with it now

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
On that note can't you hang fake tips on the other side to make look it has twin mufflers?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
On that note can't you hang fake tips on the other side to make look it has twin mufflers?
Mmmm, I think it is possible but Hey!, I don't like fake **** on my car that is also gay imo and friends of mine will then say: Nice car but it's all fake. So I save myself a failure and they can not laugh at me to a fake exhaust ;)

Edit: Btw, and what do you think what the mechanics in the garage by Subaru will think?....Whahahahaha

1 - 20 of 33 Posts