Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Would You Buy The Crosstrek Again?

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the second-generation Subaru Crosstrek has been out since 2018 with the new Subaru Global Platform (SGP), I would like to see if the owners of those cars would repeat the process and buy the Crosstrek again, or would look at a different brand?

I'm curious to see what kind of responses I would receive as some of us have had a positive experience, a negative experience, or we may want to see Subaru improve like adding more features, improving fit and finish, etc.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,581 Posts
I have a 1st gen, but looking to buy the 4th gen 2028 to replace it! 🚗

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
We'll probably get the next gen...

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nope. A large part of it to a degree is our local dealer is horrid and SOA support for warranty claims is the same. Having said that, the Crosstrek is vastly better than the MY11 Outback that was in the family. Fortunately, I can back up the car service wise where they drop the ball, but many can't and should not have to.
regards

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. A large part of it to a degree is our local dealer is horrid and SOA support for warranty claims is the same. Having said that, the Crosstrek is vastly better than the MY11 Outback that was in the family. Fortunately, I can back up the car service wise where they drop the ball, but many can't and should not have to.
regards
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the dealership and SOA.

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,962 Posts
If I was buying today, yes, another Crosstrek. Mine has far exceeded my expectations. But my current one will we good for a long time yet. Probably pass it to down to one my grandsons down the road when they can drive. I gave 2 of my past vehicles to my son.

My next vehicle might very well be a Subaru/Toyota off road capable EV. Will have to wait and see what comes out. I may then replace my Kona EV with it. Other than it being an EV (with good range), there are quite a few other things that I am not happy with it. Hyundai might look good to a lot of people, but if you also drive a Subaru (a newer one), you really get to see the difference.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I was buying today, yes, another Crosstrek. Mine has far exceeded my expectations. But my current one will we good for a long time yet. Probably pass it to down to one my grandsons down the road when they can drive. I gave 2 of my past vehicles to my son.

My next vehicle might very well be a Subaru/Toyota off road capable EV. Will have to wait and see what comes out. I may then replace my Kona EV with it. Other than it being an EV (with good range), there are quite a few other things that I am not happy with it. Hyundai might look good to a lot of people, but if you also drive a Subaru (a newer one), you really get to see the difference.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
346 Posts
Yes... just discussing with the wife today how good the Crosstrek is. It does everything we need and we are learning to use lots of the 'nice to have' little extras that are available. We have never bought a car brand new before...

·
Registered
193 Posts
YES! Love it. The only negative is not enough engine power here at 7400 ft in the mountains (higher over the passes into the city).

If they offered the Outback with a 6MT I might have gone for that, but the main reason for considering the Crosstrek originally was economics. Low price compared to other brands and models, with a reputation for reliability and longevity.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Won't buy another Subaru until they incorporate dual fuel delivery (GDI + PFI) and a geared CVT to help acceleration from a stop.
Toyota has both technologies. I would expect to see these shared with Subaru in the future.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Won't buy another Subaru until they incorporate dual fuel delivery (GDI + PFI) and a geared CVT to help acceleration from a stop.
Toyota has both technologies. I would expect to see these shared with Subaru in the future.
You make a good point. I can see Subaru getting some of that technology in the near future, but electric cars will be the next big thing in 5-10 years.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
346 Posts
Is the manual mode of the CVT not enough? I read a review saying that it was the least understood of the CVT abilities and that most people don't know how to use it for it best benefits...

I can't really see electric cars being that commonplace with the amount of rare materials required for the batteries - and the environmental cost to dispose of them... :oops:

It's like with most of these so-called green ideals - they require vast quantities of government (read tax-payers) money to fund them....

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limted
122 Posts
Just replaced my 19 year old Cherokee with a new Crosstrek Ltd.. Considering the yearly milage I'm doing these days with retirement and all else going on... I figure I may not get beyond 60K before some are considering holding me down and taking my keys away...

·
Super Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,263 Posts
If Subaru joins others in continuing to stand against California having clean air standards then no. There's plenty of companies making great cars that the manufacturers recognize our state's right to clean air. Too bad really, it seems a great car.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts