Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yo! I bought my first Crosstrek last year and finally have it paid off and can start throwing some mods on it. I’m pretty new to all of this and need some help on where I should run wires.

I’ve read about running wires through the grommet where the clutch hole is but I have a manual transmission, so that hole is filled. Right now I have wires running through the door jam grommet and straight to the battery. It looks a little trashy and I’d like for it to look more clean.

I’ve also seen how I could connect wires to the fuse box in the cabin but I’m not if it would cause damage to the other fuses or the CB radio I’ve rigged up.

What are y’alls recommendations for running wires through the cabin and into the engine for lighting, CB radio, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Hello and welcome. Congratulations on paying of your XV, a few more months and I'll be in the same boat. Could have been there by now but I didn't wait to add some stuff.

My amp power went through the firewall behind the glove box. I didn't feel like dealing with wiring (mainly because there was no wiring data available in Sep 17) so I paid a shop and haven't bothered to see if they drilled or not. I probably should have a look. I can tell you that hooking up a CB at the fuse box won't hurt anything, provided you don't install the tap in the wrong direction. If installed backwards, the fuse will not protect your device and you'll fry something if there's a surge.

I recommend that you PM stupidchicken03 about wiring to the cabin. While many here have done it, he's always the first name I think of thanks to the extensive info he's shared here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doca!
I’ll take a look behind the glove box when I get a change and I’ll see what stupidchicken thinks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts