Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just curious since I don’t have my Crosstrek yet if the windshield is sprayed from the hood or from inside the wiper arm. I have a Limited on order for the 2022 model year so I figure it’ll be he same as the 2021 since everything else is except the price! 😝
i have the washer jets in my wipers now and I think it works really well.
would love some feedback. Thanks for the help.
Cheers

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,134 Posts
There are three washer nozzles on the Crosstrek. Models with Eyesight have an extra one on the passenger's arm, and for models, without Eyesight, you'll have just the two.

The location of the washer nozzle is between the hood and windshield. It's where the windshield cowl is located.
Hood Automotive air manifold Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Arthur. Have you been through a winter with them yet? Do they freeze or clog up? I’ve read the heated part of the windshield down by the wipers doesn’t work too well. What’s your take on it?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It's going to be my third winter with the car and it does very well in the cold. I've never noticed any snow build-up but I do use Rain-X or Reflect washer fluid with de-icer which makes a huge difference. The wiper de-icer works great, too. Just make sure you click the defrost button to take advantage of them.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,336 Posts
Worked well although recently the drivers side spray port has loosened and begun to drift towards the center of the windshield and I haven't looked yet on how to tighten it back to spray more uniformly over driver's side window.

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,753 Posts
Rainx keeps coming up. I guess it's that time of year in places where it rains.

Anyone have any data on how it affects Eyesight?

·
Registered
2019 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
540 Posts
Thanks Arthur. Have you been through a winter with them yet? Do they freeze or clog up? I’ve read the heated part of the windshield down by the wipers doesn’t work too well. What’s your take on it?
No issues with the nozzles, ever. The heated windshield surface works, it prevents the wipers from being stuck. But then again when you have a few mm of ice build-up on your entire car, you'll be scraping it all anyways.

Also, forget RainX. I apply Aquapel once a year, and the hydrophobic properties lasts (incredibly so) without any issues. The water beads enough to drive w/o wipers on sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,336 Posts
Just an anecdotal comment. It appeared that after I treated my Toyota Corolla windshield with RainX that the wipers would hang up and jump a bit during light rain or mist. I had trouble cleaning the RainX off to avoid this stuttering but finally got it clean enough to avoid it. Again, don't know if this is a characteristic of the product or a function of some other combination of factors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an anecdotal comment. It appeared that after I treated my Toyota Corolla windshield with RainX that the wipers would hang up and jump a bit during light rain or mist. I had trouble cleaning the RainX off to avoid this stuttering but finally got it clean enough to avoid it. Again, don't know if this is a characteristic of the product or a function of some other combination of factors.
Sounds like something I wouldn’t enjoy. LOL

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
431 Posts
I had the same issue with RainX window treatment on more than one car.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Rain-X makes a 2in1 all season "washer fluid".
I believe that is what Arthur was referring to in his post above,
not their wipe on buff off crap.
I use the Rain-X "washer Fluid" all year round with no issues.
Great on bugs and ice.
That's correct. I did apply their treatment to my windshield once but I'm not applying it on my windshield this time since the washer fluid already has stuff in it. I put it on the side windows and mirrors because it helps when it's raining and water flies off as soon as you start driving.

If you do end up applying the treatment, make sure you apply it properly and buff it out completely until the windshield/windows are spotless. You should clean the windows before applying to get better treatment which explains why people here had issues with it because my wipers never had a stuttering issue.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
736 Posts
I’m just curious since I don’t have my Crosstrek yet if the windshield is sprayed from the hood or from inside the wiper arm. I have a Limited on order for the 2022 model year so I figure it’ll be he same as the 2021 since everything else is except the price! 😝
i have the washer jets in my wipers now and I think it works really well.
would love some feedback. Thanks for the help.
Cheers
Is this a Canadian only feature?

Edit: just went down to look and holy crap there's one attached to the passenger wiper arm! Never knew it existed though I can't say that I've paid attention to anything coming out of it, but I will sometime when it gets dirty (washed Sunday and ceramic coated the car). The ceramic coating works better than RainX and holds up for at least a year in my situation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Edit: just went down to look and holy crap there's one attached to the passenger wiper arm! Never knew it existed though I can't say that I've paid attention to anything coming out of it, but I will sometime when it gets dirty (washed Sunday and ceramic coated the car). The ceramic coating works better than RainX and holds up for at least a year in my situation.
I don’t know if it’s a thing here as I’ve yet to receive my Crosstrek. I have it on my Civic. I guess I wasn’t clear.
aThanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

No, the only thing that's a Canadian feature is wiper de-icer and heated steering wheel. The third washer nozzle is only found on models with Eyesight. Subaru says it provides an extra stream to clear the windshield where Eyesight is located.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, the only thing that's a Canadian feature is wiper de-icer and heated steering wheel. The third washer nozzle is only found on models with Eyesight. Subaru says it provides an extra stream to clear the windshield where Eyesight is located.
We need those things up north here. 😂
Winter sucks but will suck less with a Subaru!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts