Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I finally decided to get winter tires for my 2018 Crosstrek. I’ve never owned a set, and have done pretty well without them, but the heavy snowstorm we got last year in the Seattle area convinced me they would be nice having. Can anyone advise on what they have done. I just ordered the VikingContact 7. Not sure if that’s overkill, or if something not so aggressive is better in my area. I’ve heard blizzacks are good, but they wear out fast and are too mushy. Any advice is appreciated. I have about 2 weeks before I will put tires on, and still have time to exchange them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Can't go wrong with winter rubber. The wife had blizzacks on her 2016 sport and she liked them. Last January she retired(I did 2 years before). We decided to get rid of both 2015 and 2016 Crosstrek's and buy a new 2019 Limited because we just didn't need 2 cars anymore. So before we took delivery of the 2019 we had them install Nokian WRG3 SUV all weather tires. Drove from January to end of last winter threw some pretty good snow storms and were very pleased with how they did. This meant getting away from twice a year tire changes. Now almost at the 1 year mark on these all weather's and they are wearing not bad even going threw a hot summer. Just giving you another option that you may not have thought about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! I did consider WRG4’s as well as Toya Celsius all weather tires. I may put those on when the OEM tires wear out.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Consumer Reports rates these highly;

·
Registered
61 Posts
16" Blizzaks mounted on the OEM Impreza rims with TPMS worked out well for me in the winter conditions of Germany!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I run stud-less Nokian Hakkapeliittas on my Outback and planning to put them on my wife's crosstrek as well. They are amazing. We're in Oregon and go up in the cascades often in the winter.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I ran the Nokian Hakka R2's on my 2015 Limited before I sold it for the 2019 Limited. Great winter rubber.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the new 16" Blizzac WS 90s on my '16.I don't find them mushy at all even with the taller sidewall.They are advertised as being able to get another season of wear out of them too vs the WS 80 that it replaces.Time will tell.We have only have two good snowfalls here so far.I have been looking for snow to drive in.I especially like the passing zones where the passing lane has been unused because everyone is afraid to try to cross that wall of snow separating the two lanes.My OEM tires were useless at temps of 20f and below.It feels so good to have my Subaru eating up the winter roads like a Subaru should once again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts