Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals. I have a 2015 Crosstrek and have a bit of a problem. As I was installing dynamat and new speakers, a couple of wires on the large connector from the driver's side door switch backed out. I now don't know where they go. Do any of you happen to have pictures of this connector and the wires going into it so that I can figure out what pin they go to? My windows will not go up! and I can't find an image online! Pleeeaaasssee help,

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
This should do it. If it's the biggest connector, I believe it's should be D7 so I've highlighted them for you.

Capture.JPG

BTW. While you are in there, I would add other sound deadening in addition to Dynamat (which really only stops vibration but does little for actual road noise). Think Mass Loaded Vinyl, Closed Cell Foam...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks rlouie. I was on the fence about ordering the dynaliner as well. I think I will do that as well. Thank you. Also, thank you and thank you YYZ. That is the connector "D7" but is only partial information. I downloaded the service manual and this is what I have so far.
Wire Codes:
L-Blue
B-Black
Y-Yellow
G-Green
R-Red
W-White
Br-Brown
Lg-Light Green
Gr-Grey
P-Pink
Or-Orange
Sb-Light Blue
V-Violet

Pin 1= Black
Pin 2= Red/Yellow
Pin 3= ?
Pin 4= Green/White
Pin 5= Green/Blue
Pin 6= Blue/Yellow
Pin 7= Blue
Pin 8= Red
Pin 9= ?
Pin 10=Green
Pin 11=?
Pin 12=?
Pin 13=?
Pin 14=Green/Black
Pin 15=Green/Red
Pin 16=Black/Yellow

·
Registered
325 Posts
It looks like the wire colors & some wire positions may have changed on the '15. I have access to the '14 Crosstrek wiring print & a '15 WRX print. The colors and positions that you listed for connector D7 match the '15 WRX wiring print D7. Positions 3, 9, 11, 12 & 13 look to be unused. Does the smaller connector have wires attached to it? That's connector D102.

D102.jpg

From the WRX print D102:
pin 1 = L/G (Blue/Green) to Front Power Window Motor LH
pin 2 = W/G (White/Green) from fuse (power wire)
pin 3 = L/R (Blue/Red) to Front Power Window Motor LH

The unaccounted wires you listed are different colors from the WRX print. Can anyone with a '15 Crosstrek wiring manual locate their positions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok. I figured it out. Everything is back together and working as from the factory. The last three wires and locations are:
Pin 3= Light green/Black
Pin 9= Blue/Black
Pin 13= Blue/White

Word of advice for anyone taking their driver side door card off. There are three connectors. One for the power mirrors which u can depress the center off the side release tab and remove. One for the locks which also has a tab that can be depressed and removed. The one that i jad trouble with was the large connector "D7" that controlled the four window switches. For some stupid reason, Subaru decided to have the tab for this connector facing in towards the door card giving no room to depress the release tab. You have to take two screws out holding the switch panel to the door card then pull up and it will pop out giving u access to the tab on the back side of the connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definitely a pain. In my case, the wires didn't come completely out, but a few of them went loose, and the result was mal-functioning drive-side door locks and passenger side window. I figured out, in the process of getting the connector out, I inadvertently pinched the sides so hard I pushed in the tabs that unlock the connector and unlocked it. Luckily, a pretty easy fix, just re-lock the connector and plug it back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ب While I was working to maintain and change the group of the door button switches, a problem occurred, the pins of the set were disconnected

1 - 9 of 9 Posts