Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
We've got one in development that'll solve the radiator mount issues. It's going to take some testing, but we'll release it soon. It will work to protect the front and sides of the engine bay, unlike other ones on the market now. It'll also provide more protection for the mounting points, giving the slider more durability. I'll make a post about it when we've gone into a testing phase.
@4x4.subi Any updates on the Crosstrek skid plate?

·
Registered
'19 Crosstrek
3 Posts
I have the full armor (all 3 skid plates) from Primitive and I'm very happy with them. I went with the fumoto valve and hole for the oil drain. The reason is because I take my car in for oil changes and I wanted it to be as easy as possible for them to change the oil. If you're going to take your car off-road, it will really give you a lot more confidence.

I also got the 1" king spring lift. This leaves me with 9" of clearance under the front skid plate and 10" under the rear diff protector. I am running Continental Terrain Contacts on the stock wheels.
Sweet! Glad to see your feedback. We'll basically have the same setup. I just pulled the trigger on the full armour kit and king lift. Should arrive tomorrow.

I've been on the Conti TerrainContacts since last year, but on Method 502 rims (also stock size). Installed the fumoto valve during my first oil change, so glad the plate will have a cut-out for it.

I'll install the plates myself, but likely have my mechanic do the lift kit install...is that what you did? How long did it take?

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sweet! Glad to see your feedback. We'll basically have the same setup. I just pulled the trigger on the full armour kit and king lift. Should arrive tomorrow.

I've been on the Conti TerrainContacts since last year, but on Method 502 rims (also stock size). Installed the fumoto valve during my first oil change, so glad the plate will have a cut-out for it.

I'll install the plates myself, but likely have my mechanic do the lift kit install...is that what you did? How long did it take?

Cheers
Actually, I just had my mechanic do the install for everything. I just dropped it off in the morning and picked it up after work. I'm not sure how long it took, but he said it was easier than he expected. Congrats and I hope you'll enjoy taking your sweet ride off road! You'll have the confidence to really see what these little cars are capable of.
-Jon

·
Registered
302 Posts
Found my pic. Just shows that the OEM does cover SLIGHTLY more, mostly in the fender area.

Ive thought about riveting cutouts of the OEM to the Primitive.

View attachment 296754
You can measure about 1.5 inches in(inside the sides of the skids) and mount the new “end caps“ you made for side coverage and install the skid over them. I have done this on all three of the Subaru’s I have had, and will be doing this on my new 21 Crosstrek. Works like a champ......

Reactions: Graphite

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just got my skids for the 2021 today. Will get the mid and rear diff installed tomorrow. Going to wait until I have 1000 miles on it to install the front skid and fomoto valve. First oil And filter change change......

21 - 25 of 25 Posts