2016 Crosstrek
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many people are here for research purposes. AMA

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,434 Posts
My guess is that there are a lot of people here in that category -- maybe the majority of our traffic -- but most of those people don't bother to create accounts. A lot of times, a good 90% of our site traffic consists of unregistered visitors.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
7,323 Posts
My guess is that there are a lot of people here in that category -- maybe the majority of our traffic -- but most of those people don't bother to create accounts. A lot of times, a good 90% of our site traffic consists of unregistered visitors.
That must mean they're finding what they want rather than registering to start a new thread and ask a question that's already been asked and answered a bazillion times... 😸

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
757 Posts
Just curious how many people are here for research purposes. AMA
I joined and participated in discussions here six months before purchasing a Crosstrek, mainly for research purposes.
edit: I may have misunderstood the OP's question.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
105 Posts
I joined before I purchased so I could follow various threads and get a "feel" for the car. There's no better way to learn about a car than from the people who actually own and drive them. I ordered a couple of months later and I'm still waiting for my Crosstrek to arrive.

Lots of good information here!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I followed the "how much below MSRP" thread while deciding to buy. Registered and asked some questions there. Very glad I did that for the info and awareness of owner loyalty coupon.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
8 Posts
When i was looking at a crosstrek i came here to the owners forum as i have done with the last three vehicles i have owned as the information is real. I read all the “expert” reviews but owners give the real picture. I lurked for about a month then joined and it is all good from there. I also am amazed that information gets on the site before i see or hear it from Subaru......score👍

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did and do that for most cars I buy. However I have found that you need a good filter. Most forums are filled with all the negative about a particular car so you need to filter through those and understand what is actually an issue.

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting views.

That's a lot of lurkers, but I guess I do the same when searching for information on things I'm less passionate about. I mean, there are washer and dryer forums out there.... google has brought me to good info on them, no need to register.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I did and do that for most cars I buy. However I have found that you need a good filter. Most forums are filled with all the negative about a particular car so you need to filter through those and understand what is actually an issue.
That's a very good point. Folks usually visit forums to solve a problem or vent about a bad experience. You won't see many new posters say they joined just to let everyone know they haven't had any problems with their cars... 😸

This forum is better than most in that regard. Lots of positive stuff and good solutions for the inevitable glitches.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,129 Posts
I lurked while considering purchasing and joined after I ordered my '17. I found out I was the first one to post who had ordered the '17 and it felt cool and new. How quickly I turned into Old Meat. :giggle:

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
LOL, felt the same way with an '18 on the new global platform in the fall of 2017. Definitely an oldtimer now... 😸

1 - 14 of 14 Posts