Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
That exactly subaru said eyesight is not meant to replace driver, it will fail in certain condition and driver must be ready all the time to take control. So if this fact is not accepted, then there is no point to keep arguing some slight change may or may not add the condition it will fail which at the first place is normal and acceptable. since this is just a driver assist, so why must be bothered with eyesight should have never fail, as long as will not fail too frequently that render it unusable? .馃
Even the best driver will get distracted at some point (kid screaming in the back, hot coffee spilled on lap). It seems to me that if you have a safety feature that can protect you and your family, as well as other road users (other drivers, cyclists, pedestrians), it's kind of selfish to compromise it so your sunglasses can be more easily accessible...

Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
Expressing an opinion different than yours is not oppressing freedom of speech. If you don't want Eyesight to work at its optimum for you then go ahead and do what you like. My only hope it is when you are driving alone. Advising people that is doesn't matter is not an opinion, it is a falsehood according to Subaru.

Registered
Expressing an opinion different than yours is not oppressing freedom of speech. If you don't want Eyesight to work at its optimum for you then go ahead and do what you like. My only hope it is when you are driving alone. Advising people that is doesn't matter is not an opinion, it is a falsehood according to Subaru.
Looks like it was edited after I quoted it. I don't see anyone oppressing freedom of speech here. Quite the opposite, other than personal attacks.

Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
After reading the last few posts, my professional advice is that you all need to turn off your computers, pull some beers out of the fridge, kick back in your favorite chairs, pat your dogs, and drink until you've forgotten that this topic even exists.

Registered
After reading the last few posts, my professional advice is that you all need to turn off your computers, pull some beers out of the fridge, kick back in your favorite chairs, pat your dogs, and drink until you've forgotten that this topic even exists.
Good advice! For us it was a 97 point aged chianti and a few cats... 馃樃

Registered
The manual transmission cars have a nice space available in front of the overhead console, so I made a holder to fit that area. For my passenger, I've got a custom drop in tray in my center console for another pair. My son insisted he have a place too.

Registered
Forum reader is smart enough to take or ignore people's opinion, and the reason behind it so why need to oppress freedom of speech
That's a new one to me. Disagreeing with someone and explaining why you don't agree is "oppressing freedom of speech"?

Registered
Even the best driver will get distracted at some point (kid screaming in the back, hot coffee spilled on lap). It seems to me that if you have a safety feature that can protect you and your family, as well as other road users (other drivers, cyclists, pedestrians), it's kind of selfish to compromise it so your sunglasses can be more easily accessible...
So exactly the fou
Even the best driver will get distracted at some point (kid screaming in the back, hot coffee spilled on lap). It seems to me that if you have a safety feature that can protect you and your family, as well as other road users (other drivers, cyclists, pedestrians), it's kind of selfish to compromise it so your sunglasses can be mohre easily accessible...
So exactly what a double standard apply here, if people put sunglasses is called selffish, isnt that the same applies to people drinking hot coffee while driving without pulling over? 馃 .
So when people have different opinion it is fine, as long as not judging others which I never did and I was accused of doing personal attack :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registered
It's basically not possible for a system like that to know exactly how efficiently it is working. There are self-tests that can run, but without a ton of controlled, external inputs, real end-to-end testing is not possible.

For example, imagine if you installed a windshield that changed the refraction of light a little bit. The system can still see, is still processing inputs. No reason to pop the idiot light. Everything is shifted a tiny bit, but the system can't know that what it's seeing is not exactly reality anymore.

These kinds of systems are calibrated against a huge number of external inputs during their design and testing. Then, they go to manufacturing with tolerances like, "this system will identify an object of size greater than 6", within 10' of the front bumper, 97% of the time." When you introduce external variables (like reflections in the windshield), you probably aren't disabling the system, but maybe that number isn't 97% anymore.

Same applies to everything, really. Your brake light doesn't pop on if your pads are glazed and not operating at peak efficiency. Your oil light doesn't come on if your oil is defective and doesn't have the protective viscosity that the engine needs. It's really hard to measure these "functional but not ideal" issues.
This is correct and I never said totally will be the same because there are some variable change, however based on the design parameter and no further anomaly on behaviour that is the opinion I said there is no impact. Of course it may or may not have difference but as the owner without further access on the intellectual property, the owner knowledge is limited to the available observation, and that is stated in this topic. So i am puzzled because someone started arguing advice I gave because what I said is my observation and not asking other people to do, and someone started attacking my opinion is wrong, so maybe someone should read the whole tread here, why the topic has changed and not just adding fuel to the fire :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Registered

Registered
Very clever, and a good way to get the thread back on track... 馃樃

Registered
It's ABS plastic, since the inside of the car can get toasty in the summer.

Registered
Nice! 馃樃

Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
I put mine in the center cubby in front of the console. Of course I usually put them on as soon as I get in the car and my eyeglasses go in the cubby while I drive. Not as convenient as an overhead glasses holder, but it works

Registered
41 - 60 of 60 Posts