Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last vehicle had a compartment on the ceiling for sunglasses, after moving to the XV I realized how dang convenient it was.

Where do yall keep your sunglasses? I dont have especially pricey sunglasses but I dont want them to fall or get scratched. For now I've been keeping it in the shifter area (6MT) where the leather is.

Ben

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where do yall keep your sunglasses?
Good question! My previous car (Golf) had an accessary that replaced the grab bar above the driver's window. It was a compartment with a pull down lid. Perfect for glasses. Haven't seen this for any other car.....

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I just throw mine on the passenger seat. Rarely is anyone in that seat, but on occasion the only occupant is my wife who will sit on them. They're an expensive pair, quite flexible and have survived quite nicely. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,211 Posts
I really miss the drop down push button case I used to have overhead center. But Eyesight is a good tradeoff. So I put them through the soft elastic band on the visor.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Sport, Sunshine Orange
35 Posts
I leave mine, unfolded, squished between the headliner and the driver's visor.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Limited
42 Posts
That fits on a 2018 visor? I had a similar clip on my 2013 visor, but it wouldn't fit on the super-thick 2018 ones.
Good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered this for my 2020, and while you can get this clip to go on the visor, it definitely seems like it's pushing the limits of the plastic - it's not a spring-loaded clip, it's just a curved piece of plastic. I was also concerned that it would leave permanent indentions on the visor because it's such a tight fit. YMMV, but personally I'm not going to be using them on my visor just to be safe.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I put non stick rubber mat in front of the center MID display and put the sunglass there, not perfect since the glass may atill move around when I drive in extreme mode, but works for general driving.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,178 Posts
I put non stick rubber mat in front of the center MID display and put the sunglass there, not perfect since the glass may atill move around when I drive in extreme mode, but works for general driving.
Not a good idea if you have Eyesight as it may create a reflection on the windshield that Eyesight is not expecting to see.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not a good idea if you have Eyesight as it make create a reflection on the windshield that Eyesight is not expecting to see.
The MID hood actually block any reflection from the front of MID including the sunglass, so no reflection and eyesight problem there

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,178 Posts
The MID hood actually block any reflection from the front of MID including the sunglass, so no reflection and eyesight problem there
Sigh, here we go again - it's pretty clear in the Eyesight manual that you should not put stuff there. It astonishes me how many people post "advice" here to ignore the manual...

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,211 Posts
Only Okie can morph a sunglass thread into oil! 🛢

1 - 20 of 60 Posts