Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Wheel Cleaner

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Crosstrek2021 
#1 ·
Looking for wheel cleaner for the wheels on the 2021 Crosstrek Limited.

Also do you follow your wheel wash with waxing or ceramic spraying on them?

#2 ·
You could do either; wax or the spray on the wheels. If you are using something like the Meguiar's ceramic spray, or the last coat, or whatever, you simply wash the wheels, get them clean, spray on and wipe off.

I have used and like the Chemical Guys wheel cleaner, but a quick google search will show you tons of videos and opinions on different wheel cleaners. Meguair's, Mothers, Eagle One, etc all make decent wheel cleaners. Very few of them are spray on and rinse off and you have clean wheels. You really need to have a tire/wheel brush to get them clean.

I hear the Sonax wheel cleaner is really good, so I may try that one.

Having said all of that, if you clean your car regularly, just washing the wheels with the soap you use should be fine (which is what I usually do, using a wheel brush). I only use the wheel cleaners if the wheels have a lot of build up, etc.

#10 ·
I vary 1:3 - 1:5 ratio..... depending on how heavy I pour it into the spray bottle. IIRC, the last few have been in the ~1:5 range and have been happy with it.

Heavy Spray, scrub n light spray, rinse and hit them with leftover soapy water at the end before rinsing the entire vehicle.

C.

My Go-To detailing products.
  • Meguiars M62
  • Meguiars D156
  • Aero303

#13 ·
My Go-To detailing products.
  • Meguiars M62
  • Meguiars D156
  • Aero303

That finish looks like glass. Do you claybar at all? What a great finish. You can use a claybar on window glass and headlights. Takes all the tar and fly bits off with ease. The window glass, especially the rear takes all the film the wiper blades can't reach. Each time using the claybar on the windshied, I can drive in a mild shower without the wiper blades on. The water beads right off while moving. The wiper blade chatter and wear are reduced too when removing all that surface grit. You can feel the claybar removing the pollutants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.