Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,022 Posts
So I just bought a '22 Sport. This was my first week commuting to work with it. I drive about 90% freeway and average around 75mph. Had to refill my tank last night and thought I would share my numbers.

2022 Crosstrek Sport with 1,200 miles on it.
395.2 miles driven
13.342 gallons to fill up
30.9 MPG per the dash display
29.62 MPG hand calculated

Hope it improves as I get a few more miles on it but this is still a huge improvement from the car its replaced!
Not bad. Keep an eye on the tire pressure and rate of acceleration and that can help.

·
Registered
2021 PYP Sport
146 Posts
So I just bought a '22 Sport. This was my first week commuting to work with it. I drive about 90% freeway and average around 75mph. Had to refill my tank last night and thought I would share my numbers.

2022 Crosstrek Sport with 1,200 miles on it.
395.2 miles driven
13.342 gallons to fill up
30.9 MPG per the dash display
29.62 MPG hand calculated
That’s very close to what I see with my ‘21 Sport - including the dash display being 4% higher than actual.

·
Premium Member
Crystal White 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT w/ Eyesight
45 Posts
My sig says it all. The mods have definitely taken a hit to mpg but that’s to be expected. I’m perfectly happy w “around” 25mpg on a lifted, fat tired Trek w roof basket. I don’t push speed much at all or it’d be a little less. But you really can’t tell where it’s gonna settle until about 20-30k mikes. EPA testing for mpg is generally around the 30k mile mark. Breaking it in properly in the first 1000 miles I’ve been told is critical to max mpg longevity.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
503 Posts
In my experience, during longer trips (not a bunch of cold starts) it's been very accurate. Within a few tenths of a MPG at most.

My second tank in a row where my car's readout was within 0.5mpg of actual. I filled up yesterday and I got a computed 32.7mpg. Car said 33.1 mpg

Is it a coincidence that I have started using Top Tier fuel (Citgo) the last two tanks...? Both filled at the same station at the same pump. This is with driving to work and back 3 times a week, which includes 25 miles round trip and 4 cold starts per day (two for lunch when I drive 0.5mile total to get lunch). Also running errands. No longer drives more than 15-20 minutes ea.

Rectangle Font Signage Screenshot Brand

·
Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
16,180 Posts
My second tank in a row where my car's readout was within 0.5mpg of actual. I filled up yesterday and I got a computed 32.7mpg. Car said 33.1 mpg

Is it a coincidence that I have started using Top Tier fuel (Citgo) the last two tanks...? Both filled at the same station at the same pump. This is with driving to work and back 3 times a week, which includes 25 miles round trip and 4 cold starts per day (two for lunch when I drive 0.5mile total to get lunch). Also running errands. No longer drives more than 15-20 minutes ea.

View attachment 311121
We use Costco gas which I'm pretty sure is top tier, yet the Exaggerometer has been off by up to 15% so I don't think it's the gas, just a calibration issue.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
503 Posts
We use Costco gas which I'm pretty sure is top tier, yet the Exaggerometer has been off by up to 15% so I don't think it's the gas, just a calibration issue.
Maybe where I am getting gas has less ethanol?? My car's calibration obviously has not changed and I was seeing it off by quite a bit before as well. O well, I'm not complaining! :)

261 - 270 of 270 Posts