Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
22-24 by the gauge and I just don't bother calculating... I don't need another reason to drink.

I joke, but between 95% city, a 1 mile stop and go commute, plus a massive roof rack holding me back in the rare case that I did get over 35 mph, I am actually totally satisfied with the mpg. I generally lean toward mid-grade gas.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
22-24 by the gauge and I just don't bother calculating... I don't need another reason to drink.

I joke, but between 95% city, a 1 mile stop and go commute, plus a massive roof rack holding me back in the rare case that I did get over 35 mph, I am actually totally satisfied with the mpg. I generally lean toward mid-grade gas.
LOL, that's about what we get in LA traffic but just got 31 on a long drive into the mountains.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
'18 base model, 6MT .. 20K miles, use the cheapest gas available. Daily commute in suburban setting, I drive 4 miles one way (but I do it 4 times a day) and have to pass 7 traffic controls (stop lights, signs, etc). By the gauge I am at 31 MPG right now, in the winter it can get down to about 24 MPG.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my range is anything from 24-28, I've never hit 30mpg. I calculate it after every fuel pump and I recently started using the Fuelly app.

car is 100% stock, drive is mostly city the highway I do use is generally in traffic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hand calculated 27 entries is 30.23 exagometer is 34.57 2019 Premium auto. this is all around driving no stop and go to work. very easy 16 mile 4 light drive :) one way. If I do strictly highway I'll get 34

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Hand calculated 27 entries is 30.23 exagometer is 34.57 2019 Premium auto. this is all around driving no stop and go to work. very easy 16 mile 4 light drive :) one way. If I do strictly highway I'll get 34
Why we call it the Exaggerometer... 😸

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there a calculator somewhere that can convert MPG to litres per 100kms so I can get a better idea of what you guys are talking about?

I've had my car one year and have done nearly 24,000km. My average fuel consumption is between 7.2 & 7.8 litres per 100km.
Hi Deb - found this UK one http://www.mpgtokpl.net/calculator/mpg-miles-gallon-uk-imperial-kpl-kilometers-liter-calculator
We've had our XV just over 4 months. I do mostly highway/suburban driving and am now getting 7kmpl or 19.78mpg. The onboard gauge has started showing 6kmpl during some of my work drives (63kms per day). The car has been driven just over 10,000 kms. I use the Eyesight adaptive cruise control on these trips and love it. Will be interesting to see the calculations for the next tank.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Based on two fill-ups in my month of ownership. 29.1 mpg, 99% city driving. Makes me happy.
Did you calculate it yourself? We're not getting remotely close to that (around 20mpg).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Deb - found this UK one http://www.mpgtokpl.net/calculator/mpg-miles-gallon-uk-imperial-kpl-kilometers-liter-calculator
We've had our XV just over 4 months. I do mostly highway/suburban driving and am now getting 7L per 100km. The onboard gauge has started showing 6L per 100km during some of my work drives (63kms per day). The car has been driven just over 10,000 kms. I use the Eyesight adaptive cruise control on these trips and love it. Will be interesting to see the calculations for the next tank. UPDATE: Okay so my calculations sucked. It is actually 14.28 kml or 33.6 when converted to MPG. The range was 857kms on the last tank (60L).

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Google will do the conversion for you. The biggest factor is whether you are believing the in-car display or calculating your own fuel economy by distance driven and fuel pumped (in whatever units you like to use)...

In the UK, petrol is sold in Litres (well, at least until Halloween) and the mile is the standard unit of measure for distance on a road. So, miles per Litre? Or Litres per 100 miles, anyone? 😸

·
Registered
113 Posts
Seen this topic before on the forum. NHTSA has a small sample of late model Subaru mileages reported by folks here:
Small sample though. I have a 2018 Limited with CVT. I do most of my driving in the city and it is now hovering around 23-24 mpg over 16,000 miles of driving. I'm measuring using actual gallons placed in the tank. I don't pay much attention to the little mileage doo hickey except to notice if I am driving deep in the amber my mpg will suffer.

221 - 238 of 238 Posts