Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,451 Posts
Not surprised to say the least. My experience with the last two Subaru dealers (both of them are the same owners) has been pretty bad.

The last one was awful! The service manager was very rude and I wrote a nice Google review and have yet to hear from them.

It was so bad that they won't send me a customer satisfaction report that goes directly back to Subaru Canada because I would definitely voice my concern and head office will see that and have to get involved.

Dealerships have always been hit or miss, especially in the service department but some are worse than others.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,947 Posts
My Subaru dealership here in St. Petersburg is terrific. If I pay a little more than the corner mechanic it is worth it for all the inspections they do. 5 1/2 years and all I have had to change besides the oil and filters is a battery and tires. Still looks and runs like brand new ( but with a MUCH better sound system :)

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
275 Posts
In that JD Power study, the point spread from high (829 for Lexus) to low (780 for Subaru) is only 49 points on a 1000 point scale or 0.049%. So basically ALL dealership service is equally far from perfect. The bigger question is why aren't all of the carmakers' own service departments at a 1000 ranking? Is it lack of training? Carelessness? Good old human error? Or something more intentional?

Could it be that incompetence, whether it's genuine or feigned, and dishonesty are profitable? Hmm. Where else have we seen this "business model" but on a much grander scale?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Or it could be that this is a J.D. Power survey and isn’t measuring what we assume it’s measuring. Like when manufacturers get terrible initial quality scores because the infotainment is glitchy.

Seems to me that mostly this survey is measuring the friendliness of your service advisor, the quality of the waiting room seats and coffee, and maybe whether your vehicle was ready when promised.

All important stuff, to be sure, but incidental to the most important thing to my mind: actually servicing the car. They could do a perfect job on that, but still get bad marks because they forgot to give you a courtesy call when your car was ready.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Our local dealer is horrid(US). I think the one to the south of us is better, but it's the luck of the draw frankly. It's no surprise to me the a majority of brands at the bottom range have some troubled vehicles in their mark.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
275 Posts
More like 4.9%...
I stand corrected. 4.9% it is. Still, not much of a spread between highest ranked and lowest ranked dealer service. I do agree with forum member AM407 in that these rankings are likely more of a barometer on the overall service appointment experience rather than the quality of the service work performed.

·
Registered
840 Posts
This is a customer satisfaction survey right? Not sure but I'd guess people who have complaints are more likely to answer a customer satisfaction survey to get their voices heard vs the 'generally satisfied' customer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts