Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my spare tire on my roof rack now for some time now. haven't been able to decide what to do with the extra space. does anyone have good ideas or things they have done?
IMG_0324.jpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Jumper cables, road flares, electric tire air pump, first aid kit, tire repair kit, pressure can of tire goo. All the usual break down stuff...but then I don't carry a spare. Tire on the roof basket will really eat into the gas mileage...but then so will the basket empty.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,023 Posts
Do you notice much rod noise reduction with the Kilmat?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Breakdown kit is a good idea, even just to help others. In my old CRV the spare is mounted on the rear door. Rather than cover up the spare wheel well, Honda converted it to a "wet well" with a folding picnic table on top so if you go surfing, take your kids to the beach/lake/local pool then there's somewhere to put all the wet/sandy gear or just use it for extra storage when camping/travelling. Lining it with a waterproof liner seems like a good multi-purpose option.
You get a very brief glimpse at about 1:36 in this vid
🐨

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just put big subwoofer there and upgrade the sound system. That will give you even more excitement

·
Registered
6 Posts
I kept the spare in place but built a raised deck to have room for my jumper cables and other stuff. Not hinged - just sitting on wood feet in strategic locations. An inexpensive small carpet from WallMart sits on top. Never liked the lack of space between the spare and the factory deck, and when I load/unload gear, I never liked the inset of the factory deck anyway.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
I like this! In our other car I keep a lot of junk in the trunk and the flimsy liner is buckling...

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
520 Posts

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
He keeps it in his roof basket. The new EVs in Australia don't have one either. They come with a puncture repair kit instead 🐨
PHEVs here don't have a spare, either.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo
1 - 19 of 19 Posts