Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into Primitive Racing skid plates and was wonder what kind you got?

1/8'' thick of 3/16'' thick? And did you had the oil holes drilled out?

I wanted to make this a survey but was in a hurry and couldn't figure it out quickly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In for answers. I have plans to go with the 1/8" as I don't do much off-roading, and it seems like it would be plenty. I definitely would go with the oil holes drilled and a fumoto valve.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I installed the full Triple-Armor set. Front, Mid, and Diff. For the front plate, I ordered the 3/16" variant with no oil hole.

Honestly, these things are beasts; mine have already taken a beating.

Here's my front and mid plates:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the full Triple-Armor set. Front, Mid, and Diff. For the front plate, I ordered the 3/16" variant with no oil hole.
With the no oil hole, do you just remove the skid plate to change the oil? My thing is I want to get a rally innovations light bar and I think they use the same holes as the skid plates. I don't want to have to remove both just to change the oil.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Went with the triple 3/16 with the oil hole.

If the oil hole isn't there you have to drop the front armor to drain your oil. Having the hole there make changing the oil very easy especially is you have the fumoto valve.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Really? I've heard nothing but good things. Also, I have the service agreement, so Subaru is currently responsible for oil changes; they can deal with the plating right now. I figured I'll put a valve with a hose attached to it in there once it becomes my responsibility.

As for the Rally Innovations bar, I wouldn't count on that bar being compatible the Primitive skid plates. It uses the same mounting holes as the plates, and that's not a good thing; the plates make it so that you can't attach anything else to those points.

·
Registered
94 Posts
With the no oil hole, do you just remove the skid plate to change the oil? My thing is I want to get a rally innovations light bar and I think they use the same holes as the skid plates. I don't want to have to remove both just to change the oil.

If the rally innovations light bar and skid plate can't both go on at the same time the SSD light bar is pretty sweet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts