Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out how to safety jack up my car off-road in the case that I need to put my full size spare on. What do most people carry in their Crosstreks?

Hi-Lifts? Bottle Jacks? ARB X Exhaust Jacks? Scissor Jack with plywood? Seems like only a hi-lift would be stable enough, but that would totally warp the Crosstrek frame. Any community wisdom out there?

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Sport 6 MT
3,343 Posts
Depending on Situation of where you find yourself stuck in, you may need both and or possibly a winch to pull you clear

Worst case :whatdoyouthink:

Troutbum

·
Registered
751 Posts
I bought a small floor jack a couple of years ago, before I got my Trek. This was after I used the abomination that came with the car I had at the time. Also keep a T handle wrench and a breaker bar. Haven’t used it luckily. I’m sure you could also get a nice piece of plywood to help also. A full size spare is a great idea . I don’t off-road, but I’m sure any advantage you can get would help. Happy safe motoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does anyone have pictures on how they use their jacks off-road? I am curious to see them in action. especially the Hi-lift jack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts