Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'21 CGK Sport
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No mentioning of it in the “Owner’s Manual” or “Getting Started Guide” …is that the BSD/RCTA or heated side view mirror? TIA

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
63 Posts
Outside mirror defogger. It's mentioned on 3-91, 3-92 of the owner's manual.
What ^he^ said, Pretty much the universal notice of heated mirrors. You go the reference with that one though.

Reactions: ScoobieRama

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,234 Posts
Outside mirror defogger. It's mentioned on 3-91, 3-92 of the owner's manual.
Another fan of manuals... 😸

I hadn't noticed that icon and we almost never have to use heating/defogging here. Does it light up when it's on, or is it only there to indicate that the mirror is heated?

Btw, it's 3-89 in the '18 manual.

·
Registered
'21 CGK Sport
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Another fan of manuals... 😸

I hadn't noticed that icon and we almost never have to use heating/defogging here. Does it light up when it's on, or is it only there to indicate that the mirror is heated?

Btw, it's 3-89 in the '18 manual.
Does not light up on the mirror. It’s just there to indicate the mirrors can be defogged. The indicator lights up when the control button is depressed on the climate control panel.

Had a hard time looking this up cause it’s called “outside mirrors” defogger and not side view mirrors. Is this a Subaru “thing” or has time changed and they’re now called “inside” and “outside” mirrors?

·
Prefers black cats
13,234 Posts
Does not light up. It’s just there to indicate the mirrors can be defogged. Had a hard time looking this up cause it’s called “outside mirrors” defogger and not side view mirrors. Is this a Subaru “thing” or has time changed and they’re now called “inside” and “outside” mirrors?
Where I grew up we called them "wing mirrors" 😸

·
Registered
846 Posts
Mine doesn't have the defrost logo on it but they are heated. They do have the Subaru logo on the top outer corner where the approach light is located and a small ring around the entire mirror since it is auto dimming.

·
Prefers black cats
13,234 Posts
That's when they were on the "wing" or front fender of the vehicle. I suppose now they could be "door" mirrors.
Yes! 😸

·
Registered
432 Posts
I always thought that was a reference to the vapors coming off the road and a warning that when looking in the mirror, the guy riding your *** has inhaled too much of the vapors and now has "the dumb". It's worse when wet. Evaporation and all...

;)

·
Prefers black cats
13,234 Posts
Well, of course, bacon! Everything is better with bacon!

·
Registered
'21 CGK Sport
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe it's an 'outdoors' feature. Like if you are car camping you can cook bacon on the side mirrors.
Now to think of it, my first meal with the Sport was the Baconator from Wendy’s drive thru.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.