Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Which Box ?

• Total voters
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man I am usually a die hard stick guy, but I think the CVT just feels lighter on its feet with the Crosstrek series. I dont know if the gearing is off on the manual or what but the CVT feels like it accellerates adequately and the stick does not, to me anyway. FA20 +stick in a crosstrek would be AWESOME. Come on Subaru, lets do it already!
Same experience for me. The manual just didn’t feel up for the task and the ergonomics of the seats, armrest and stick felt off. Went w the CVT, it provides a smooth(er) ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
I didn't know I was picking CVT, didn't know what CVT was until I joined this forum, I just wanted an automatic. What have I gotten myself into. ;)
This is my first CVT, too, and I sure am glad I picked Subaru as my first. Love the way she drives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a used 2015 5 speed MT. Still getting used to driving a stick after a 15+ year gap in owning one.

Not as smooth as I had hoped for, at least yet. Some of that is definitely on me as I learn the car and get comfortable with it again. I have noticed some rev lag that I have to adjust for. And I cant seem to go 0 to 1st smoothly all the time and have a heck of a time going 3rd to 4th without a little jerk.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i opted for the 6sp on the base model. so far so good. i have only driven manual on any car i have owned since 1985 or so.my first 6 speed.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
881 Posts
I got the CVT because the predicted fuel economy would be higher, and because my knees aren't what they used to be.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I selected the 6Spd, I still do not enjoy the driving characteristics of any CVT (feels rubber band ish) my test drive of a 19 CVT made me feel like they improved Subaru’s but not enough yet in my opinion.
So having had many manuals including my first car, I wasn’t too worried and find it quite engaging(less phone checking) and more fun!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Traded in my WRX for a Trek.

I had the option to order a 6Speed (wait 2 months)

Or pick a CVT.

I bought the CVT without even test driving it. It was fresh off the boat. So far I am not disappointed.

I've driven CVTs from the 2012 era from other makes that made me steer clear.

I did enough YouTube watching to finally get convinced to try the CVT, but on a Subie.

I am actually quite satisfied with it's performance. I don't drive aggressive so I like the characteristics. Also I'm enjoying the super awesome gas mileage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im not sure if it's 2015 and up ,but the CVT is the only transmission you can get. Subaru is/ has made it the only trans you can get in every vehicle. Except for the STI wrx. Go look at any car built after 201? I think they started that 2 or 3 years ago.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im not sure if it's 2015 and up ,but the CVT is the only transmission you can get. Subaru is/ has made it the only trans you can get in every vehicle. Except for the STI wrx. Go look at any car built after 201? I think they started that 2 or 3 years ago.
My 2019 6 speed crosstrek is merely a figment of my imagination... Got it.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,311 Posts
My 2019 6 speed crosstrek is merely a figment of my imagination... Got it.
Yeah, not sure what you're smokin' 😸

Although, he may mean the only kind of auto trans...

41 - 54 of 54 Posts