Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Which Box ?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
CVT...I've never, never chosen an automatic anything when a manual was available. This time, however, I wanted the Limited trim as well as EyeSight and Subaru only offers that with the CVT. Still, I wanted the manual, that is until I test drove it. I've driven some really nice manuals but the Subaru 5 speed wasn't impressive and the CVT was surprisingly good. Plus the better fuel mileage. Also, there's a 3 pedal Shelby in the garage for when I feel the need to be more involved. Both are great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a 6mt option on the Crosstrek? I got the 5mt and it's OK. Coming from Honda Manual transmissions, from my personal experience, the Honda transmissions are WAY better... but I definitely prefer this over CVT. 2nd geat in my 5mt feels so bleh...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I learned how to drive on a manual and had manuals forever. Being older now and somewhat lazier, I chose the CVT. Rowing gears in stop-n-go traffic sucks. Although I initially hated the feel of the CVT, I've grown used to it. I still don't like it and would prefer a traditional automatic.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have no problem with the CVT so far. It is a little different than I'm used to. My mechanic claims they are really good, and virtually maintenance free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
There is a 6mt option on the Crosstrek? I got the 5mt and it's OK. Coming from Honda Manual transmissions, from my personal experience, the Honda transmissions are WAY better... but I definitely prefer this over CVT. 2nd geat in my 5mt feels so bleh...
Yeah, we don't get the 5MT in South Africa, only the CVT and 6MT

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want a stick, but I don't want to give up safety features such as blind spot monitoring and eyesight. I would also like leather and sunroof, but those are not deal killers That is why I am still driving my old Forester.

·
Registered
796 Posts
If I have the chance manual but CVT + Sequential Manual... city traffic is going to kill me if I go full manual daily.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went with the 5 speed. I've been driving standard since I was 16. I find driving auto to be unexciting. Sadly manuals are slowly dying off :(

·
Banned
604 Posts
In Europe we have the 1.6-liter engine with 5sp manual or cvt, 2.0-liter petrol with 6sp manual or cvt. The diesel engine always has with the 6sp manual.
Additional remark: The 1.6-liter engine with 5sp manual has always the Dual Range reduction.
Till yet there isn't any information, if that will be the same for the new XV 2018 with the 1.6-liter engine.

·
Registered
494 Posts
So glad to see so many manual drivers here. There was only like 5% of them available vs all the CVTs in my area (seattle) so it was slim pickings when I bought mine.

Also, amazing how many people don't know they come in a stick. My local subies group thought it was ironic that I had a "Save the manuals" sticker on the back of mine. Had no idea they came in stick.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Ordering a 6MT in SO Sport trim

Have driven the CVT ... Sorry Not terribly Inspiring Ho hum..

Can't wait for mine to arrive, Love the 2 tone Interior...Very European

Troutbum

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man I am usually a die hard stick guy, but I think the CVT just feels lighter on its feet with the Crosstrek series. I dont know if the gearing is off on the manual or what but the CVT feels like it accellerates adequately and the stick does not, to me anyway. FA20 +stick in a crosstrek would be AWESOME. Come on Subaru, lets do it already!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts