Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Which Box ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What awesome Gearbox did you end up selecting in your XV ?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Remember u can't view the Voting thread with the App so u have to view this the old fashion way ,On the Website

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That's what I'm heading for, a 5-speed. The maintenance on the CVT and the rave on the "better mileage" is subjective in my opinion. If you're the only driver or can trust the "other" house member driver ...it's less that can/could go wrong and [in my book] more control.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I specified a manual for decades. Now, I have a bad clutch knee, CVTs get better fuel economy rather than worse and CVT is required on higher level trims, especially with Eyesight. Times have changed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bought a manual after not driving clutch for 5 years. Compared to my 2.5L 5 cyl Jetta clutch, this one is a tough cookie and needs some breaking in

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have been driving a 6 speed manual for almost 14 years. But it has 260HP. I think on the XV 6 speeds would feel very underpowered on the highway. But if prepared to shift for any acceleration it would be workable. And a little better fuel economy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would want the 6sp diesel boxer, but the only one I could get was the CVT. Sorry, I wanted leather interior - can't get that with the 5 spd according to my dealer. Totally BS that only the bottom of the line gets the manual transmission.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I might have considered the 5 speed however almost 2 years ago I severely broke my left ankle and it had to be rebuilt. It is actually very painful for me to push in the clutch so it is the CVT for me. My Crosstrek is due to arrive on 10/26.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts