Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7701 - 7720 of 7742 Posts

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
377 Posts
For the first time, I rotated-in my full-size spare tire on my 5-month-old, set-of-5, slightly-oversized 225/65R17 Nokian Outpost APT tires, using the rearward-cross, 5-tire rotation pattern. Hand-torqued all lug nuts to 89 lbf-ft and re-adjusted tire pressures on all 5 tires (Front-30.0psig; Rear-28.5psig; Spare 35.0psig).

I know ... this deviates from the tire pressures indicated on the the driver`s door jamb placard. It`s a calculated and deliberate deviation in OEM-specified tire pressures using tire load index tables as well as a wet patch tire tread impression analysis for correct tire pressure.

Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Line art

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
‘23 Premium 6MT- “Katatsumuri”
19 Posts
For the first time, I rotated-in my full-size spare tire on my 5-month-old, set-of-5, slightly-oversized 225/65R17 Nokian Outpost APT tires, using the rearward-cross, 5-tire rotation pattern. Hand-torqued all lug nuts to 89 lbf-ft and re-adjusted tire pressures on all 5 tires (Front-30.0psig; Rear-28.5psig; Spare 35.0psig).

I know ... this deviates from the tire pressures indicated on the the driver`s door jamb placard. It`s a calculated and deliberate deviation in OEM-specified tire pressures using tire load index tables as well as a wet patch tire tread impression analysis for correct tire pressure.

View attachment 314698

View attachment 314697
Please forgive the noob question, but what are you using for a jack point? Love the look of those tires!

And to keep the thread on topic, I installed some Rek gen mudflaps last night. I'm really liking the look and functionality.

· Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Sorry -- not sure what you're asking about gloves?

· Three-pedal evangelist
2020 Premium 6MT
1,824 Posts
Yeah, a lot of people don't realize wipers are included in the factory warranty.
Really? My 3-year warranty is up March 18. Wipers still wipe good and the car has 25K miles. Surprising as most wiper blades don't last that long.

Right now, the bottom windshield rubber molding is peeling up. Is that covered under warranty?

· Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,556 Posts
Really? My 3-year warranty is up March 18. Wipers still wipe good and the car has 25K miles. Surprising as most wiper blades don't last that long.

Right now, the bottom windshield rubber molding is peeling up. Is that covered under warranty?
Yes, it should be covered under your 36-month/36,000-miles factory warranty.

· Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Please forgive the noob question, but what are you using for a jack point? Love the look of those tires!

And to keep the thread on topic, I installed some Rek gen mudflaps last night. I'm really liking the look and functionality.

I used a hockey puck for years grooved through miter saw cuts to obtain the correct depth but you're able to buy on various websites.

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
377 Posts
I'm using the same factory pinch-weld jacking points as those indicated in your owner's manual. I just swap-out the standard cup saddle of my floor jack with one of these pads that nearly duplicates the Crosstrek's OEM scissor jack's support surfaces:

RennStand Jack Pad (18M-P21)

The pin on this RennStand jack pad is 1/2" diameter so I had to bush that out to better match the 1-1/4" dia. hole in my Torin floor jack's lift arm.

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Flooring Plywood

I used a 5/8-18 hex nut, glued in place with urethane Gorilla glue. In practice, this is just as "friendly" to your Crosstrek's pinch-weld jacking points as your OEM worm-drive scissor jack, only it's much faster now with a hydraulic floor jack. (Credit to subaruoutback.org forum member, Satchel)

Closed Case referenced the slotted urethane jack pads available from TMB Motorsports. I have both the larger TMB floor jack pad (for jacking the Crosstrek at the front cross member or rear diff) as well as their smaller/taller jack stand pads (for perching my Crosstrek up on 4 ESCO 10498 jack stands). Urethane jack pads are the way to go. Far better than hockey pucks ... and I'm Canadian!

Warning: DO NOT position any part of your anatomy under your vehicle when it is only supported by a Jack. Support by a Jill should be also approached with much trepidation. :ROFLMAO:

About the tires ... indeed. I'm also very much liking the understated look of these Nokian Oupost APT tires. What I like even better is their overall, any-conditions performance.

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,227 Posts
Had an oil change done. 5w30. Next up is brake pads.

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Learn a lesson on preventive maintenance...seems the Crosstrek is quite sensitive with hesitation/delay of acceleration when the acclerator pedal pressed lightly....
Solution is just open the airbox and disconnect the PCV hose from middle of the intake, and spray cleaner to throttle body from both openings.... :D Seems this will be my new routine every 10k

· Super Moderator
2020 Crosstrek Premium
1,870 Posts
I removed the front skid plate to bang out the dents again. This time it was contacting the exhaust and rattling when in reverse. Upon removing it, I noticed that the plastic tray had finally started to melt in a perfect outline of the header. I broke out the snips and removed the plastic near the header and back.

I found that you can flatten and bend back the skid plate by driving on it. I also propped up one edge with a piece of 2x4 and drove on it to further bend it.

I changed the oil and air filters the other day. This is the first oil change based on time vs miles. Working from home is weird like that.

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
53 Posts
Went over to Timmons LB last Saturday for 1st oil change and maint schedule. It was raining hard!
anyways, asked SA to have Fumoto valve installed - he was hesitant but it got installed...rotated tire and finished the service in 90min time.

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,227 Posts
Took it to the shop for brake pad change. They used a premium ceramic pad. Also rotated and balanced the tires. And checked the battery. Battery is 4.5 years old, so I don't know how much longer it would hold up. But they say it's still in good shape.

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Limited, cool-grey khaki
14 Posts
First oil change (Idemetsu 0-20 OEM stuff. Supposed to have more moly for initial break-in miles).
OEM Tokyo Roki black filter.
Installed Fumoto valve for future oil changes.
Installed OEM window visors

Next, black-out tape on the chrome belt trim on the top of the doors.

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
53 Posts
my 5 year old was just keeping his foot, and kicks when his favorite tune comes along, on the backside of passenger seat, not to mention about making a mess with dirt, dust and all..

so I made him a little footrest, nicely angled so he can rest his foot...

he still kicks the seat.. o_O

· Three-pedal evangelist
2020 Premium 6MT
1,824 Posts
my 5 year old was just keeping his foot, and kicks when his favorite tune comes along, on the backside of passenger seat, not to mention about making a mess with dirt, dust and all..

so I made him a little footrest, nicely angled so he can rest his foot...

he still kicks the seat.. o_O
He's a 5-year old just being a 5-year old. I remember doing that when I was that age. :)

Reactions: Dhkproduction9

· Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,556 Posts
Replaced my Falken Ziex ZE001 A/S OEM tires that had 31,000 miles on them, with Michelin CrossClimate2 tires in the standard size.
The Falken's still had 6/32 of tread left and even wear across the tread, they could have run several years more (in dry weather). But in the last weather event we had, I became aware that they were lacking traction in snow/ice and I had previously noticed that they hydroplaned in minimal standing water. So, I bit the bullet and upgraded to the Michelin's.
Waiting for the next snow event to give them a full test.

· Electrified!
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,258 Posts
Replaced my Falken Ziex ZE001 A/S OEM tires that had 31,000 miles on them, with Michelin CrossClimate2 tires in the standard size.
The Falken's still had 6/32 of tread left and even wear across the tread, they could have run several years more (in dry weather). But in the last weather event we had, I became aware that they were lacking traction in snow/ice and I had previously noticed that they hydroplaned in minimal standing water. So, I bit the bullet and upgraded to the Michelin's.
Waiting for the next snow event to give them a full test.
Definitely following this. I am between these and the wildpeaks, but might prefer the crossclimate 2 for the lower noise level and potential lower drag.

7701 - 7720 of 7742 Posts