Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7681 - 7700 of 7742 Posts

· Electrified!
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,258 Posts
At 11,000 km, had it's first oil change and an OEM hitch and the splash guards installed at a dealer on my new-to-me '22 Hybrid that I got at the end of November with 10,500 km on it. Will have to call the dealer tomorrow as the wiring harness doesn't seem to be connected...

Earlier this week, I put on the snow tires, added Thule AeroBlade Edge crossbars, and a ClipperCreek level 2 charging cable.

Stuck in the city so still haven't put gas into it...
what seems to be the problem with the wiring harness that it doesn't seem to be connected?

· Premium Member
'22 Hybrid; '21 XV Touring 6MT; '94 Legacy wagon; '96 SVX (x2); '06 STi; '08 Forester; '17 OB 3.6R
49 Posts
what seems to be the problem with the wiring harness that it doesn't seem to be connected?
When I plug in a connection to a trailer, the trailer’s lights don’t come on. Have checked with another set of lights and still nothing.

· Premium Member
'22 Hybrid; '21 XV Touring 6MT; '94 Legacy wagon; '96 SVX (x2); '06 STi; '08 Forester; '17 OB 3.6R
49 Posts
When I plug in a connection to a trailer, the trailer’s lights don’t come on. Have checked with another set of lights and still nothing.
After 2-hour wait while they tested it, the Subaru service folks decided that the hitch’s wiring cable is defective.

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,227 Posts
Replaced all my rear lights (except license plate, because who the **** cares) with Diode Dynamics LEDs that I think are sized to about, I dunno, 30-40% more brightness than the stock bulbs.

Next nice day I'm off work I plan to finish off the front bulbs.

Question, this has made my dash turn signal indicator blink faster. Is this normal?

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Reactions: Closed Case

· Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Warm, unseasonable super natural day, 63°F [Syracuse, NY] rode rino ramps level from garage flooring to a sloping driveway and drained engine oil. Have the Fumoto plug and 10 minutes later done. 12K miles into a 2011 Limited seconded drain.

Happy, Happy. Oil drained was unusually clear, zero consumption.

Labeled and gloved boxed receipts and whatever.

· Registered
18 Posts
Added this to another section of the forum, but I'll add it here too: I mounted a fresh set of 235/75R15 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's. I replaced my KO2's and wanted either another set of them, the Wildpeaks, or these dark horse M/T's. I ended up going with the Mickey Thompson's for a few reasons, but some of them include a deeper tread depth and lighter weight. Other factors came into play, limited miles as they were just put on today, but I love the way they look and Im eager to put them to use!

Attachments

· He wasn't there!
2,227 Posts
LED bulbs draw so little power, the car senses a blown bulb. You can install an led flasher module or install a resistor. DD should have a solution for you.

Doug

I did buy the DD flasher module as well. But haven't installed it yet. Will get to it when I get to the front turn signal bulbs.

Reactions: Married Man

· Premium Member
49 Posts
After 2-hour wait while they tested it, the Subaru service folks decided that the hitch’s wiring cable is defective.
Two days ago, the dealer completed the r/r of the cable in about two hours and it's working OK now.

· He wasn't there!
2,227 Posts
Put in the front DD LED turn signal and side marker lights. Which took a lot longer than the rear full set lights, as the front bulb sockets are just that much harder to reach. And the battery and air intake need to be moved to do it. So now the whole of my replaceable lights are LEDs except the plate light, which IDGAFA.

Tried to change the flashed module as well. But turns out it's hidden up inside the dash in a place it would take a couple hours to get to in order to replace. So another time.

· Registered
Subaru Crosstrek XV 2015
101 Posts
I can't run LED bulbs here, switched mine back to halogen bulbs to heat my rear and head lights. The frozen winter just freezes over the entire lights.

Even the SS3 Fog lights cannot generate enough heat to melt the snow pack up to the lamp. I had to pull over and clear the ice and snow occasionally. I'm talking about in a blizzard storm.

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
377 Posts
I can't run LED bulbs here, switched mine back to halogen bulbs to heat my rear and head lights. The frozen winter just freezes over the entire lights.

Even the SS3 Fog lights cannot generate enough heat to melt the snow pack up to the lamp. I had to pull over and clear the ice and snow occasionally. I'm talking about in a blizzard storm.
Yeah. Even though heat generation and heat transfer are considered to be parasitic losses unless regenerated back into storeable energy, lack of heat is definitely an Achilles heel of exterior LED lighting.

Mind you, I've night-driven the Salmo-Creston stretch of HWY #3 in southern British Columbia during wet, heavy, white-out conditions, creeping along at 20-25kph with 4-way flashers going, and I couldn't even keep the halogen headlights/foglights nor the windshield/wipers from packing up with slushy ice. What I wouldn't have given for a pair of halogen Cibie Super Oscar 7 "airfryers". Those buggers ran pretty toasty. Still, Mother Nature continues to laugh at human endeavor in dealing with Her omnipotence.

Oh, and speaking of bulbs, here's a PSA:

Our government has recently declared that those new-fangled, coily-tubed, fluorescent screw-in light bulbs that were heavily promoted and subsidized (by government) to be a feel-good, virtuous replacement for your household incandescent bulbs ... well, they're now hazardous and a public health threat due their MERCURY content.

We are being flimflammed, mocked and humiliated ... :mad:

· Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
17,759 Posts
Yeah. Even though heat generation and heat transfer are considered to be parasitic losses unless regenerated back into storeable energy, lack of heat is definitely an Achilles heel of exterior LED lighting.

Mind you, I've night-driven the Salmo-Creston stretch of HWY #3 in southern British Columbia during wet, heavy, white-out conditions, creeping along at 20-25kph with 4-way flashers going, and I couldn't even keep the halogen headlights/foglights nor the windshield/wipers from packing up with slushy ice. What I wouldn't have given for a pair of halogen Cibie Super Oscar 7 "airfryers". Those buggers ran pretty toasty. Still, Mother Nature continues to laugh at human endeavor in dealing with Her omnipotence.

Oh, and speaking of bulbs, here's a PSA:

Our government has recently declared that those new-fangled, coily-tubed, fluorescent screw-in light bulbs that were heavily promoted and subsidized (by government) to be a feel-good, virtuous replacement for your household incandescent bulbs ... well, they're now hazardous and a public health threat due their MERCURY content.

We are being flimflammed, mocked and humiliated ... :mad:
The health hazards of fluorescent tubes were well known but then they were promoted for home use. I tried them but found the light to harsh. I now use dimmable LEDs with a warm temp.

· Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,556 Posts
I took my Crosstrek into the dealership to have a few quibbles taken care of, and a thorough check-up before the end of my Factory 36month/36,000mile warranty.
I got a 4-wheel alignment (it was off a-bit), wipers, front-and-back, replaced, all no-charge. Nice.

7681 - 7700 of 7742 Posts