Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7661 - 7680 of 7743 Posts

· Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
659 Posts
With temps in the mid-60s and partly cloudy, and a little bored with a long weekend, I decided to paint my brake calipers. Most of the time was in cleaning and then patiently waiting between coats. The brakes did not need replacing - about 50% left, but I opted for new pads instead of cleaning the old pads and hardware.

For the orange-averse (@AstroKats) I think blue to match the Subaru logo would look nice.
Automotive lighting Audio equipment Rim Bicycle part Helmet

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

· Registered
2022 Crosstrek Premium 6MT Magnetite Gray Metallic
15 Posts
Installed my Awning today, and wanted to see how it was with it out. This thing is pretty easy but does require some coordination. Only when unrolling it yourself because of getting the legs and horizontal supports out, but is still easy. The first time is awkward, and the second time you have a system. Hopefully, I get to use it this weekend, if the work thing works out. By the time I actually get to go camping, I'll have the room attachment by then, so easy tent set up.

View attachment 313015
View attachment 313020
View attachment 313016 View attachment 313017 View attachment 313018 View attachment 313019
I like this awning, but damn those tires look awesome! do you have a lift? any rubbing?

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
53 Posts
it is, and it's in fabrication or something...it's not shipped yet!
Prinsu shipped faster than I thought...received a day before TG day...

since I was installing myself, it took a while..like 4 hours...I'm happy how it turned out, used whole tube of silicone...hope it won't leak =)

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Gadget Musical instrument accessory
Hood Automotive tire Grille Bumper Automotive exterior

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
402 Posts

since I was installing myself, it took a while..like 4 hours...I'm happy how it turned out, used whole tube of silicone...hope it won't leak =)
And now you know how most of the waist-level-and-higher interior plastic trim is held in place on the Crosstrek. ;)

Nicely done!

· Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
47 Posts

Nice! I recommend replacing the bolts down the road. Mine started corroding after a while. Ended up swapping the set for Downstar Hardware and haven't had a speck
of corrosion since. Plus they look nicer!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
53 Posts
Nice! I recommend replacing the bolts down the road. Mine started corroding after a while. Ended up swapping the set for Downstar Hardware and haven't had a speck
of corrosion since. Plus they look nicer!
View attachment 313941
yeah, got security screws for the awning but will definitely look into the bolts like you have. it looks awesome!

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Just brought my crosstrek for road trip about 280 miles, was rushing to get to hotel before midnight after stucked in 2 hr road jam. Quite busy traffic, a few times hit the max speed around 120 mph, but most of the time is 90-105 mph. 85 percent is raining so during the dirty wet section does not dare to speed more than 90 mph. May need some wheel alignment due steering a bit twitchy on the wet. Manage to follow BMW 820 and Alfa SUV without they are able to leave the pack. Arrived at hotel 15 mins past midnight, took shower and ordered food from room service. End result 19 mpg for the tank, one of the worst mpg I get for long trip. 😔

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
402 Posts
Just brought my crosstrek for road trip about 280 miles, was rushing to get to hotel before midnight after stucked in 2 hr road jam. Quite busy traffic, a few times hit the max speed around 120 mph, but most of the time is 90-105 mph. 85 percent is raining so during the dirty wet section does not dare to speed more than 90 mph. May need some wheel alignment due steering a bit twitchy on the wet. Manage to follow BMW 820 and Alfa SUV without they are able to leave the pack. Arrived at hotel 15 mins past midnight, took shower and ordered food from room service. End result 19 mpg for the tank, one of the worst mpg I get for long trip. 😔
So taking out your frustrations in heavy traffic and sloppy road conditions after a 2-hour-long traffic jam resulted in 19 mpg, being 15 minutes past your do-or-die 12:00 midnight ETA and rewarded you with having to choke down a lousy, luke-warm, room service meal alone in your hotel room. That sounds about right. So how much overtaking on the right-hand side was involved? :rolleyes:

Twitchy steering in the wet @ 90mph is likely a tire choice issue rather than an alignment problem.

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
53 Posts
Had flat tire on rear right, repaired it and while doing so at night, heard strange buzzing sound coming from the rear differential. Anybody know what this could be? Sound stopped after couple of minutes tho.

Attachments

· Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,569 Posts
Had flat tire on rear right, repaired it and while doing so at night, heard strange buzzing sound coming from the rear differential. Anybody know what this could be? Sound stopped after couple of minutes tho.
Could it perhaps be the fuel tank evap test mentioned on page 9 of the owner's manual?
Noise from under the vehicle: NOTE
You may hear a noise from under the vehicle approximately 5 to 10 hours after the ignition switch is turned to the “LOCK”/“OFF” position. However, this does not indicate a malfunction. This noise is caused by the operation of the fuel evaporation leakage checking system and the operation is normal. The noise will stop after approximately 15 minutes.

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
53 Posts
was planning to do some work, perhaps install lift kit or change fog bulb, but got tested positive for Covid...can't barely lift legs without pain medicine...stay safe guys!

Reactions: RodO

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,231 Posts
I bought some LED bulbs. And then haven't found the time to install them.

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
53 Posts
was watching Avatar this afternoon and wife called like 3 times....and she texted me the "incident"

she was making a u-turn and hit a post...bumper is torn a bit, headlight casing is broken, fog light casing (gone while she drove home)...

bumper is now back in place but headlight is now shining like 5 degrees downward.... what a mess =(

Attachments

· Premium Member
'22 Hybrid; '21 XV Touring 6MT; '94 Legacy wagon; '96 SVX (x2); '06 STi; '08 Forester; '17 OB 3.6R
49 Posts
At 11,000 km, had it's first oil change and an OEM hitch and the splash guards installed at a dealer on my new-to-me '22 Hybrid that I got at the end of November with 10,500 km on it. Will have to call the dealer tomorrow as the wiring harness doesn't seem to be connected...

Earlier this week, I put on the snow tires, added Thule AeroBlade Edge crossbars, and a ClipperCreek level 2 charging cable.

Stuck in the city so still haven't put gas into it...

7661 - 7680 of 7743 Posts