Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7641 - 7660 of 7664 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
275 Posts
Fuel door release lever rusted out completely and stuck. My attempt to do restoration without buying new parts.

WD40 - rust cleaning
Rust Paint Matte Black
Bike mechanical grease for the spring

Suggest all Subaru owners who live in cold winter with salty roads, please check your level.
Also suggest you give the fuel door release lever mechanism a regular spray with Boeshield T-9 or similar.

·
Electrified!
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,182 Posts
Fuel door release lever rusted out completely and stuck. My attempt to do restoration without buying new parts.

WD40 - rust cleaning
Rust Paint Matte Black
Bike mechanical grease for the spring

Suggest all Subaru owners who live in cold winter with salty roads, please check your level.
Thankfully (or maybe) I've got an electric fuel door release button. At least there's a panel in the back I can remove to manually release it if that button stops working.

·
Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
45 Posts
ordered roof rack from CBI, Black Friday deal was going on....couldn't resist....I wasn't able to find time to install 2" lift kit....I dunno when I will find time to install roof rack lol

Reactions: GTI and gudentyte

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
275 Posts
ordered roof rack from CBI, Black Friday deal was going on....couldn't resist....I wasn't able to find time to install 2" lift kit....I dunno when I will find time to install roof rack lol
A Prinsu roof rack for under $700 bucks is a smokin' good deal!:cool:

·
Electrified!
1,182 Posts
I'm working on designing a center console tray to replace the one I bought on Amazon for my 2019 hybrid. Here's where it stands so far. Existing one couldn't fit pens width-wise, so I designed one dedicated that runs from front to back of the car. Made a nice coin section for quarters and the front section holds my EZPass. Back section is deeper and can hold my wallet and other items. Designing an inset pocket under the front of the tray to hold my Motorola M1A wireless AA dongle so I can easily plug/un-plug it from the USB port.
Rectangle Gas Parallel Composite material Electric blue

Rectangle Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Font

·
Registered
2018 Premium MT
130 Posts
I followed this upgrade posted in another thread.
Another simple way to add cargo lights.
Parts: 12 mm LED bolt lights from Superbrightleds Bolt Beam 12mm LED Light - 55 Lumens , shrink tubing, double wire. It was done on a 2022, however it applies to all model years (since I've done something nearly identical on my 2008 impreza hatchback, also mounting them on tailight access panels)
I soldered at the lights but used crimp plugs to add the new wiring to the existing cargo light wiring. I used a snake to feed the wire across the hatch. I did end up having to remove both ends of the wiring hose between the hatch and body. You may have better luck. I used 18g/2 speaker wire which had different colors to keep the polarity correct. It was about a 2 hour project. It looks great. Picture taken in the daytime.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Doug (Thanks, Bluefoton)

·
Registered
2018 Premium MT
130 Posts
Nice Job both of you!
What hose are you referring to?
Thanks!
Happy Thanksgiving!
It's the flexible wiring tube on the left side between the hatch and the car. It pulls out easily at the hatch end but I needed to remove the hard plastic piece on the lower end to properly refit it to the car. Like I said, you may get lucky and get the wire fed through the tube without having to remove the lower end. Not me, though.

Doug

·
Electrified!
1,182 Posts
Finalized the design of my center console tray. Will take about a day and a half to 3D print this. Got a spot for pens to fit nicely, my EZPass, quarters, a deep well for wallet and other stuff, and in the front, I have an opening that will hold my Motorola M1A android auto dongle so it's an easy plug/un-plug from the USB port as well as an opening for my State Farm drive safe and save beacon.
Rectangle Font Metal Fashion accessory Monochrome

Rectangle Couch Outdoor furniture Wood Automotive exterior

Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper Roof

7641 - 7660 of 7664 Posts