Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7621 - 7640 of 7660 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
With the fuel economy start dropping, I was considering to do engine flush and throttle body cleaner. However, managed to hold the flushing itch and just open the air intake and clean the throttle body. It seemed a bit dirty with some dark oil spot on the valve even the last cleaning is just less than 10k ago, and just spray a bit inside to clean. Assembled back everything, and test drive the car. Interesting there is noticable improvement on low rpm response, a bit regret didn't clean it earlier. I think it s confirmed the Subaru PCV was really very dirty when the engine revved hard.
So seems this should be regular maintenance every 10K now.

·
Registered
2018 Premium MT
127 Posts
A short while back, another thread I was reading prompted me to examine the rear underside of my Trek. I was unpleasantly surprised by the surface rust that was on the painted and unpainted driveline and suspension components. I ordered a kit from POR 15 that included cleaner/degreaser, metal prep and six small cans of POR 15 paint. I removed the rear wheels and attacked the area with soap, water and scouring pads. I then took it to the car wash for a good spray. Yesterday, I applied the cleaner/degreaser, washed it off, and then applied the metal prep. This morning was spent under the car with brush and paint. That used up one can. This afternoon, I'll apply a second coat. I know it won't solve all of the potential rust issues, but it looks better and I feel better. I'm a big fan of POR 15, having successfully used it on a couple of motorcycle restorations.

Doug

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,174 Posts
Was going to place license plate..found out about this. What are the factory holes for? They were empty on the back.
I think they may be holes for either a license plate bracket or Euro/JDM market plates? Mine also had the holes and the dealer decided to drill their own holes to install their dealership plate. That immediately came right off before I left their lot after I had told them multiple times "do not put your marketing crap on my car"

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek Premium with EyeSight in Hyper Blue
3 Posts
Ransomed my car's bright blue butt from the dealership today, after a surprise rear brake failure yesterday while 65 miles from home. This is the 2nd time the brakes have worn stupid-early. The 1st time the rear brakes needed replacing at 14k miles, fronts at at 16k, exactly 1 year and 4k miles ago.

I'll be calling Subaru of America tomorrow to let them know just how unamused I am.

·
Registered
Crosstrek XC 2013
52 Posts
I couldn’t stand the sound of the stock horn. Well… I found out the low tone’s (behind grill) wiring had corroded and fell off.
I disconnected the high tone horn behind bumper, below passenger headlight.
I spliced a wire into the low tone horn wire. There’s only one wire as the horn grounds itself.
I’ve had my late grandfathers aoogah horn that he always had on his 71’ Stingray Corvette. I wired that baby up and it is insanely loud!

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
643 Posts
Changed all three wiper blades which was the easiest wiper blade change on any car I have ever owned. I installed OEM Subaru blades but next time I will install THESE after watching THIS.
I just ordered these ones, which look OEM but don't come with an extra set of inserts like AERO. But they do include the rear blade. I have not installed yet, but they came well protected in a sturdy box.

EDIT; put them on and they fit exactly. Design is just like OEM except the end caps are a bit longer. They have a good spring to them and fit tight against the windshield. It was a rainy day and I had light mist in the morning, strong rain when i was out for lunch. These wipers were quiet and smooth and have perfect contact to the glass. Now if they will last as long as OEM (4+ years) I'll be pleased.

On the OEM lasting more than 4 years, I'm in the South and it rains frequently year round. They've gotten a lot of use.

·
Registered
Subaru Crosstrek XV 2015
94 Posts
Fuel door release lever rusted out completely and stuck. My attempt to do restoration without buying new parts.

WD40 - rust cleaning
Rust Paint Matte Black
Bike mechanical grease for the spring

Suggest all Subaru owners who live in cold winter with salty roads, please check your lever.

Material property Font Auto part Jewellery Fashion accessory

Liquid Fluid Font Metal Auto part

Screw Auto part Metal Engineering Fastener

Wood Packing materials Rectangle Box Plastic bag

Hand Finger Paint Nail Thumb

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Wheel

7621 - 7640 of 7660 Posts