Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7541 - 7560 of 7567 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
605 Posts
Replaced engine oil, MT/fr diff fluid, rear diff fluid, engine air filter + cabin air filter. AMSOIL 0W-20 for engine oil, Mobil1 M1-108A filter (AMSOIL out of stock on theirs), and AMSOIL 75W-90 for MT/fr/rr diff fluids. OEM filters. The pre-college service. Will be washing + waxing in the upcoming week.
also working on placing aux camera, moving license plate, and adding appropriate auxiliary lighting (extra set of brake, turn, tail, + reverse & license plate lights) behind 1up rack to make it more legal + useable as the rack will be permanently on for quite awhile. I’ve always been annoyed at trying to back up with the current setup blocking the cam.
The Mobil1 M1-108 is shorter than the stock Subaru filters so I use an M1-110 which is the same height. Probably doesn't make any practical difference.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,161 Posts
also working on placing aux camera, moving license plate, and adding appropriate auxiliary lighting (extra set of brake, turn, tail, + reverse & license plate lights) behind 1up rack to make it more legal + useable as the rack will be permanently on for quite awhile. I’ve always been annoyed at trying to back up with the current setup blocking the cam.
Ive got the same Equip-D rack (double as well) and hear you about the backup cam. What route are you going to relocate it? Whole new camera, or just remove/relocate the OEM one?

·
Registered
189 Posts
First part of the write-up is the most recent post on my build thread. Additional info: For the camera I spliced into the wires which runs through the left D-pillar, and extended wires down to the spare tire area where the trailer harness is. So basically the connector for the factory cam is now in spare tire well. Then, I used the wiring coming from the 4-pin trailer harness on the outside of the car and made another male connector that can go into the female connector coming from the radio. Since factory cams are 6 volt, i made the interior connector a 6-pin and added a 12V+ and gnd in the 5 and 6 slot. (1=digital+ 2=digital- 3=6v+ 4=6v gnd 5=12v+ 6=12v gnd) The camera is the pixel man one from that jungle website. Thus, when the 1up is on it I can go into the spare tire well and disconnect the factory cam and hook up the aux cam with ease. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,161 Posts
First part of the write-up is the most recent post on my build thread. Additional info: For the camera I spliced into the wires which runs through the left D-pillar, and extended wires down to the spare tire area where the trailer harness is. So basically the connector for the factory cam is now in spare tire well. Then, I used the wiring coming from the 4-pin trailer harness on the outside of the car and made another male connector that can go into the female connector coming from the radio. Since factory cams are 6 volt, i made the interior connector a 6-pin and added a 12V+ and gnd in the 5 and 6 slot. (1=digital+ 2=digital- 3=6v+ 4=6v gnd 5=12v+ 6=12v gnd) The camera is the pixel man one from that jungle website. Thus, when the 1up is on it I can go into the spare tire well and disconnect the factory cam and hook up the aux cam with ease. Hope that makes sense.
How does the aftermarket cam look on the headunit? Did you have to configure it in any way?

·
Registered
189 Posts
How does the aftermarket cam look on the headunit? Did you have to configure it in any way?
It looked identical to factory in terms of quality in the daytime (haven’t checked night yet). The lens was a little bit more convex but not a big deal. I cut the wire for the back-up lines that come on the camera (super ez to do with pixel man). I had to adjust the position of the back-up lines in the factory settings of the radio to make it look normal, but once again no big deal. For me it was just 10 clicks of the “up” adjustment for the lines.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,107 Posts
Got my car inspected today here in PA. Drove under 5,000mi so I got the emissions exempt sticker. Most of my mileage is without running the engine. I'm just under 15,500 miles but had the 30 and 36mo intervals done (mostly inspecting things and brake fluid flush). I rotated my tires and changed my oil in May so that's all good.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,989 Posts
Spent like an hour trying to clean the windshield. I have no idea why that thing is such a stone ***** to clean.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Spent like an hour trying to clean the windshield. I have no idea why that thing is such a stone * to clean.
Inside or outside? Outside is real easy. Inside can be a pain in the butt. I'll have to clean mine since they put new inspection stickers in the window.

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,989 Posts
Inside or outside? Outside is real easy. Inside can be a pain in the butt. I'll have to clean mine since they put new inspection stickers in the window.

Both. It's hard to tell when the inside is clean until the outside is as well.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Both. It's hard to tell when the inside is clean until the outside is as well.
One neat trick is to do horizontal wiping on the outside, vertical on the inside. If you see streaks, you'll know immediately which side! I use Griot's Garage window cleaner, their new window cloths, and their window wand. I also use Adam's anti-fog on the inside of my windshield because in the winter when I'm driving my Crosstrek hybrid, I like to drive without the HVAC because the heater will reduce my range.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Finally manage to sneak in to the workshop during lunch time to install Element3 rear brake pad in order to match the front, and at the same time replaces all wheel nuts with the new version as listed on TSB because the old one feel tough to screw in. The new one is much easier to install. Need to break in the pad before giving review.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just installed wireless Android Auto in my car! Scored the Motorola MA1 dongle through Target the other night and got it for $93 with tax and free 2-day shipping. Easy setup and works like a charm. Now I don't have to worry about destroying my phone's battery when I already have plenty of battery remaining.

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
605 Posts
Polished out some scratches on the front and rear door just aft of the handle that I suspect was left there by a valet in a hurry and with a big tag of keys hanging off the side of his belt. Fortunately they were all clear coat scratches and it looks good as new now. 3000 grit, 5000 grit, 7000 grit, compound, polish, wax ... when it rains next week I'm going to have a spot that beads particularly well.

·
Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
33 Posts
I started having issue with remote start/stop on Mysubaru app

It was stuck at “stop” button. Car isn’t running, and all other function as it should.

It’s my 3rd week of ownership and I wasn’t able to perform remote start.

It was giving me error, so looked around the forum, youtube and etc but wasn’t getting anywhere. So I read about deleting the app so tried that, didn’t work. Website access was same.

Naturally, opened up Starlink app and there was a section to clear Starlink data. After cleared, remote start/stop worked!

I can enjoy remote start on a hot day like today with few min of climate control on.

Attachments

Reactions: subarooster187

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
605 Posts
Added trailer wiring harness. Subaru and Curt make it easy - there is already a plug in the Subaru and Curt makes a harness that fits it. Most install instructions have you storing the the 4 pin connector in the spare tire well and just running it out the bottom of the hatch when needed. There were a couple of examples online, as well as on this forum courtesy of @azxtrek that showed a nice bumper mounted plug and I used that. This thread has video.

Curt wiring harness
Curt wiring adapter (bumper plug)

After removing trim pieces and spare tire, you'll find the plug here, for 2018 +. For earlier models it is tucked behind the trim piece in the corner.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door

On the passenger's side back of the cargo bay there is a port with a rubber plug in it. I had to widen it a little bit to fit the wiring harness plug through. Some people have trimmed the sides of the plug, but since it is going to be out in the weather I didn't want to do that.
Product Automotive tire Line Gas Coil spring

I mounted the black box and tucked the wiring behind the trim piece in the corner. I did have to loosen the side trim piece to get enough room for my hands in there. Sorry for the blurry photo.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas

Here's the wiring routed to the port. Note there are two other ports in the bottom of the spare tire well that are larger, but if I used one of those I would have to route the wiring over the muffler and I was not sure if the wiring would stand up to the heat.
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

i drilled a 1.25" hole in the bumper cover to mount the adapter, and viola! I did clean up around the hole before sticking the adapter in.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Hood

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Got gas for my hybrid today, first time in 5 months I almost forgot where the gas goes! Ended up clocking 1,475 miles over that time period and the first time paying for gas over $4/gal ($4.02). Got 175 MPG overall.

7541 - 7560 of 7567 Posts