Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
7521 - 7540 of 7675 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
They will pop off, although I recommend removing the glass first. Reference this video for the glass removal. You will see some retaining tabs at the back of the housing holding the lower plastic part in. You can pry those with a flat blade and pop it out. I’ll have a write up out in about a month detailing more of that.

· Registered
73 Posts
I finally finished the sleeping platform I've been working on. I wanted it as low as possible and only take up the 60% side of the cargo area. Bonus: All the wood was repurposed scrap I had.
For the deck I used a piece of 1/2" plywood, then a layer of 3/4" foam tiles, and then wrapped it with some upholstery fabric. Pretty happy with the way it turned out. Here is a link to the project pics of the build.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk

· Electrified!
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,186 Posts
I finally finished the sleeping platform I've been working on. I wanted it as low as possible and only take up the 60% side of the cargo area. Bonus: All the wood was repurposed scrap I had.
For the deck I used a piece of 1/2" plywood, then a layer of 3/4" foam tiles, and then wrapped it with some upholstery fabric. Pretty happy with the way it turned out. Here is a link to the project pics of the build.
View attachment 311829
Looks great! Would be pretty cool if it hinged and you could fold it in half to keep stored in the cargo area during the daytime. Not sure if it really matters, but still pretty cool. Would be fun to do that with my car, but the hump for the battery doesn't work so well when the seats fold down and I don't go car camping as much as I would like.

· Registered
73 Posts
Looks great! Would be pretty cool if it hinged and you could fold it in half to keep stored in the cargo area during the daytime. Not sure if it really matters, but still pretty cool. Would be fun to do that with my car, but the hump for the battery doesn't work so well when the seats fold down and I don't go car camping as much as I would like.
Thank you!
I usually use a tent. But this will allow me somewhere to go if it rains. It'll also be invaluable at rest stops on long trips.

· Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,796 Posts
Went to the dealer for a brake fluid flush at 25k miles. The recommendation is 30k miles / 30 months but since brake fluid is hygroscopic I thought I better get it done as we have now had the car for 36 months.

· Electrified!
1,186 Posts
Went to the dealer for a brake fluid flush at 25k miles. The recommendation is 30k miles / 30 months but since brake fluid is hygroscopic I thought I better get it done as we have now had the car for 36 months.
Taking mine in next month for inspection/emissions here in PA and will have them do the brake flush, etc. from the 30mo and 36mo since I'm just past 36mo and just over 15,000mi.

· Electrified!
1,186 Posts
Changed out my lower mirror caps today. Originals got messed up when I used some Gtechniq tar remover on the mirrors and it ate the black plastic up. New ones were $42 for the pair and goes on way too easy. Kinda thinking a set of silver upper caps would look cool on the Lagoon Blue Pearl Hybrid...

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Just finished my fuel system and catalytic cleaner regime, interestingly during the cat cleaner session suddenly felt something came out from exhaust that makes car peppier and the fuel consumption back like new that I havent achieved for very long time.
i didnt do intake cleaning yet to make sure if it really the dirty cat really robs the mpg, like what commonly happen on honda hrv.

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
48 Posts
searched on ebay, amazaon, aliexpress and etc. for any interior upgrades ; i.e. leather seat covers, start button gizmo......good times will come~

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,199 Posts
The wire that powers my dashcam came loose and my foot caught on it as I got out of the car, breaking it.

· Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
2,426 Posts

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
48 Posts
searched on ebay, amazaon, aliexpress and etc. for any interior upgrades ; i.e. leather seat covers, start button gizmo......good times will come~
Went to Costco and got few stuff. Worried if carts were going to bump into the car lol

after dinner, installed bumper cover protector, from ebay. Not OEM but fits and works. Will post photo later.

· He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
2,199 Posts
Fixed the power wire for my dashcam that I had broken a while back.

Reactions: sas-XV

· Registered
‘23 Crosstrek Premium
48 Posts
Replaced with LED bulbs, Xstorm brand - no issue with CanBus, looks good and bright.

Fog and other bulbs to be replaced soon.

Automotive lighting Cuisine Bag Rectangle Metal

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire

Reactions: Cutlass

· Registered
203 Posts
Replaced engine oil, MT/fr diff fluid, rear diff fluid, engine air filter + cabin air filter. AMSOIL 0W-20 for engine oil, Mobil1 M1-108A filter (AMSOIL out of stock on theirs), and AMSOIL 75W-90 for MT/fr/rr diff fluids. OEM filters. The pre-college service. Will be washing + waxing in the upcoming week.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

also working on placing aux camera, moving license plate, and adding appropriate auxiliary lighting (extra set of brake, turn, tail, + reverse & license plate lights) behind 1up rack to make it more legal + useable as the rack will be permanently on for quite awhile. I’ve always been annoyed at trying to back up with the current setup blocking the cam.

7521 - 7540 of 7675 Posts